The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

American dentist slaughters Lion

riffraff

I've never understood the desire to take a life in the name of sport. Hunting for food is one thing, but this is nothing more than killing for the joy of doing so...

Agreed.

It is one strange hobby/past time.

dunno why it has to be a hierarchy of crimes, like this is dante's inferno or something

"a human life is worth -10 sad points, but a dead animal is only worth -8 sad points"

nah, murder is murder

Well yeah... except by the very definition of the word, killing an animal is not murder.

Well yeah... except by the very definition of the word, killing an animal is not murder.

i think you missed my point, or you're just being flippant for the sake of it. i was not stating a fact as much as i was an opinion

it is very, very obvious that people are permitted to kill animals, and that animals are treated as second, third, fourth rate living beings by our society

There is no pragmatic justification for trophy hunting. Even when I remove my moral and ethical feelings in this subject, it remains a waste of resources and an selfish act at best.

Hunting for food (or at least hunting for sport and using the animal for food) has merit if done responsibly. I won't participate in hunting mammals, but I do fish and crab so it would be fairly hypocritical of me to chastise a responsible hunter...especially when I have enjoyed the spoils of the hunt...and given the treatment of animals by our commercial meat industry.

Mmmmmmmmm, salad.

don-t-win-friends-with-salad-o.gif

There is no pragmatic justification for trophy hunting. Even when I remove my moral and ethical feelings in this subject, it remains a waste of resources and an selfish act at best.

Hunting for food (or at least hunting for sport and using the animal for food) has merit if done responsibly. I won't participate in hunting mammals, but I do fish and crab so it would be fairly hypocritical of me to chastise a responsible hunter...especially when I have enjoyed the spoils of the hunt...and given the treatment of animals by our commercial meat industry.

Mmmmmmmmm, salad.

don-t-win-friends-with-salad-o.gif

I'm in agreement with this.

I too am not interested in hunting, but I eat meat, so it would be hypocritical to complain about it. I also have several friends who are avid hunters and they're all good people.

Trophy hunting, IMHO, is something else again and I have no respect for those who engage in it.

Trophy hunting, IMHO, is something else again and I have no respect for those who engage in it.

Nothing wrong with trophy hunting if you make good use of the parts of the animal you don't put on the wall... but I guess that would just make it a 3D foodie.

Trophy hunting animals isn't the best by a long shot, but it's better than trophy hunting humans... anyone seen/read The Most Dangerous Game?

Agreed about trophy hunting being stupid, but I try not to be too quick to judge these people. Namibia auctions off the right to kill black rhinos every year as a way of removing male rhinos that are seen to be "detrimental" to the herd (ie old and agressive). Whether or not this practice is misguided, some of these people genuinely think they are helping conservation causes.

This guy is a real prize..he got fined for killing a Bear illegally in 2006..along with a sexual harassment charge where he paid off his receptionist 127,000 to go away..this guy needs the slammer..I dont doubt for a minute he knew what he was doing..especially when they were trying to hack the transmitter off the dead lion.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-lion-killer-walter-james-palmer-has-bear-related-felony-n400226

For useless human beings who are too gutless to actually face a far superior physical animal with just their naturally acquired morphology.

Trophy hunters are as low as pedophiles and rapists.

lmao thanks for the laugh.

Not only did he kill Cecil, now that Cecil is dead, pretty much his whole bloodline will be wiped out.

Any new alpha male, will kill all of Cecil's offsprings in order to breed with the lionesses and claim alpha.

forgot to add: POS! :angry:

Archived