The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Quiz - Honor of Skate Jersey

nux4lyfe

QUIZ: How well do you remember the “skate jersey” era of the Canucks?
capture.png?w=55&h=55&crop=1&quality=60& By Justin McElroy Web Producer Global News
1994-canucks-flames_slide.jpg?quality=70

The Vancouver Canucks are bringing back their famous “black skate” jerseys for one night only next year.

The team will wear the retro jersey on February 13, 2016, when they face the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’s part of a season-long celebration of the 20th anniversary of Rogers Arena.

It was during the skate jersey era that the Canucks experienced their first sustained run as a top team in the NHL. Many moments from the time frame – including the team’s memorable 1994 Stanley Cup run – are still remembered fondly to this day.

To celebrate, we’ve put together this 12 question quiz (one for every season the Canucks wore the jersey) to test your knowledge.

How well do you remember that era?

Take Our Quiz!

Enjoy! Happy Sunday and don't forget to post your score.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2168518/quiz-how-well-do-you-remember-the-skate-jersey-era-of-the-canucks/

83%. Missed Questions 2 and 4. I thought Brodeur was only around for the Flying V, threw me off haha.

I know. I knew McLean was brought here in the late 80s, so I figured he took over the starting role and Brodeur got minimal time. Guess not.

The 94 skate jerseys were pretty awesome though. Once they got rid of the puke yellow, the jerseys were a work of beauty.

Back in the day I remember listening to a sports talk show in California. They were talking about logos and jerseys. It was the guest's opinion that the Canucks had the best logo and uniform at the time, because it projected power.

Archived