The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Pfizer has been trading sideways for years, they will make money off the vaccine for sure.

The problem is MRNA vaccine is very effective and AZN, GLX, Sanofi, JNJ etc. are also getting piece of the pie.

I have been thinking about buying PFE stock but I wonder how much upside there is.

True, but that is one big pie.

Every country in the world will be looking to buy vaccines and no one company will even be able to keep up with demand.

More than enough market for multiple vaccine producers to make lots of money.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

There will be many more contracts signed after the vaccine is approved though so I don’t see how the full cost could be priced in.

The market looks forward in time with currently available information and likelihood of outcomes based on said information. Look at Tesla and the EV sector as an example. These companies are overvalued by traditional metrics but people are investing in what is believed to be the future of vehicles (and in Tesla's case energy as well). This perceived future value is part of what constitutes current price. The same holds for the vaccine stocks. I don't know that sector all that well but pfizer and moderna leading the USA vaccine race all year hasn't been a secret. Moderna has 5x in value since January. Why pfizer hasn't seem the same growth, i don't know. Maybe bc of their 4% dividend? Not sure.

40 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The market looks forward in time with currently available information and likelihood of outcomes based on said information.

Except that information is constantly evolving and being updated which is why Moderna stock has been going up and down like a roller coaster the last 6 months.

No one knows the likelihood of any of this which is why there’s so much volatility.

As for Pfizer stock its a lot more diluted so it’s less likely to see big swings. However once their vaccine is approved then we might see it start to climb.

14 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Man what a great couple of weeks, XPEV, DKNG, RVP, MEDS all giving huge gains, back into MEDS at 4.71 for the next spike up. Sold all of RVP and XPEV. Waiting for DKNG to go back to the 60s. Up 9% but keeping full. 

TTCF is intriguing, especially at the current sub 16 price. I have a small position.

GMHI spiked today, I think this will hit 13-14 next week and then I'll sell most of my position. In at 10.25. Sold 25% today since it's a Friday.

I was following someone who believed in MEDS pretty good, was hesitant, bought and it went down... doh!  Oh well buddy felt it was a really good long term investment overall and put very little in so not crying over spilt milk.

NIO and XPEV and TSLA keep doing me good. 

Edited by Russ

15 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Is one of you talking in CAD dollars (KL.TO) and the other talking in USD (KL) ? 

Same company, but your big difference in price points would make sense.

I think we were talking about our ACB’s. My number was larger as I bought later than Ari. 

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

3000/oz for gold?!

$3000/ounce for gold, Yes. Many forecasts in that range. Look at forecast on Bitcoin. Jaime Carrasco says higher. The assumption is that everything will settle down and return to 'normal' after Biden takes over. When Covid is beaten. IMHO the debt will undermine the value of all currencies. Inflation will come.  

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Russ said:

I was following someone who believed in MEDS pretty good, was hesitant, bought and it went down... doh!  Oh well buddy felt it was a really good long term investment overall and put very little in so not crying over spilt milk.

NIO and XPEV and TSLA keep doing me good. 

The right entry point for MEDS is sub 5, preferably low 4s. It spiked to 7-8 bucks before and it will again so just have your sell order locked in.

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Pfizer has been trading sideways for years, they will make money off the vaccine for sure.

The problem is MRNA vaccine is very effective and AZN, GLX, Sanofi, JNJ etc. are also getting piece of the pie.

I have been thinking about buying PFE stock but I wonder how much upside there is.

I bought a large chunk at 35.90 the other day and sold off a big majority in pre market at 39 yesterday morning (about a 9% return but on a significantly larger holding than I normally do, equalled to quite a nice profit). And that was just the anticipation of them submitting for FDA emergency use approval. 

Once the official headlines of "FDA approves Pfizer's vaccine - set to be distributed immediately" comes out on Dec 10/11, I could see it breaking 40's. 

Again, large float and competition for the vaccine so I never expected a jump to 50, my target was 9-12% 

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

The right entry point for MEDS is sub 5, preferably low 4s. It spiked to 7-8 bucks before and it will again so just have your sell order locked in.

MEDS is a super, super thin float. Any news gives it short term spikes.

I've played it on 2 earnings now, and will usually add some as we get close to their earnings because it can be had around the same price it is today and just play the earnings spike.

29 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I bought a large chunk at 35.90 the other day and sold off a big majority in pre market at 39 yesterday morning (about a 9% return but on a significantly larger holding than I normally do, equalled to quite a nice profit). And that was just the anticipation of them submitting for FDA emergency use approval. 

Once the official headlines of "FDA approves Pfizer's vaccine - set to be distributed immediately" comes out on Dec 10/11, I could see it breaking 40's. 

Again, large float and competition for the vaccine so I never expected a jump to 50, my target was 9-12% 

That’s a nice pop for sure!

24 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Ugh.. Stop losses out of KL at $40.50. Lost $275

Will monitor, sitting completely on cash. Pissed I missed SBE..

Anybody got anything good I can buy ? :frantic: 

I got into TANH on Friday at 1.20 after their 55%+ loss on the news of a DO at 1.65

EV play too. Going to exit around their DO price and look for a re-entry should it dip after