The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

19 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I've seen some online chatter about that as well.. Thing is, if we are talking about it now on a non trading day, with it already trending on social media etc it will prob double before market open lol

Even $0.06 cents usd is fine lol.  I'm already in $400 won't worry much either way

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

For fun just threw $400 at HCMC or the Healthy Choices Management Co.

Food, diet plan and fitness based company.  Literally trading at $.003 per shared USD.  But loads of chatter and using throw away on it from a previous sale.

I'll hold until it doubles.  These things are the ridiculous dad based crap like monat and stuff that flash in and out but can make a bit of $

I just tried to run some numbers with this and I got a message that said "You cannot place a Buy order for a security on that exchange as a resident of your province." Anyone had this before?

I use CIBC Investors Edge. What trading platform did you use to buy this Warhippy?

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

20191125_investment_guide_1.png?w=794

Oof.. Wrong crowd with those rules.. This is how we do it around here..

Image result for get in shut up and hold on

25 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

I just tried to run some numbers with this and I got a message that said "You cannot place a Buy order for a security on that exchange as a resident of your province." Anyone had this before?

I use CIBC Investors Edge. What trading platform did you use to buy this Warhippy?

That's a really weird message you got.. Never heard of something like that.. Maybe OG @nuckin_futz can answer that ?

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

I used my TD app, it said it didn't want to allow me to, then I set a limit price and it went through no problem.  Has happened to me a lot with penny stocks that are sub $0.10

Edited by Warhippy

1 minute ago, Russ said:

@AriGold2.0

Looks like they are grabbing a canadian company!

Personally was hoping for a solar panel play but batteries have been hot. Should settle tomorrow end of day around $18-20. If anybody is looking for an entry it will drop around 8am is my guess.. Then it should ride throughout the day into the sunset. Anything under $15 is a win.

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Personally was hoping for a solar panel play but batteries have been hot. Should settle tomorrow end of day around $18-20. If anybody is looking for an entry it will drop around 8am is my guess.. Then it should ride throughout the day into the sunset. Anything under $15 is a win.

I read a rumor of an india company last week, guess thats not happening. But I guess batteries are getting bigger with EVs and powerwalls and energy storage, etc. so a recycler could be big long term.

Edited by Russ

3 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

otccibc.jpg.72a4e555e5edabc3674f28d4d8ce64e0.jpg

This stock trades on the OTC (Over The Counter) market. AKA The Pink Sheets or as they are affectionately referred to as the "Pink Sh*ts".

These are companies that do not meet the listing requirements of Nasdaq, NYSE or Amex. Basically it's a Wild West exchange for POS companies that often exist as scams. That said you can still make dough flipping them.

As the above message from Reddit shows the person in question had to phone in to the trade desk to execute their trade on OTC. That may be a rule at CIBC. The poster in question goes by the handle "livesinvic" so perhaps they live in Victoria. I take it you're in Vernon? So both from BC.

The error message you got is very bizarre. There is no blanket ruling from the BCSC (BC Securities Commission) banning trading in OTC stocks. I'd call into the CIBC trade desk to get a definitive answer.  Maybe report back to the thread when you get an answer as I am sure some here are curious.

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

That's a really weird message you got.. Never heard of something like that.. Maybe OG @nuckin_futz can answer that ?

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Maybe try tomorrow during market hours?  I know I seem to have issues with some OTC stocks while others work just fine.  Heck I bought DSGT in the past, ran it up and cashed out, looked to get back in and was getting rejected when I tried to buy, then one day it worked.  I know one I see people post a lot is TAUG and I can't seem to buy it via RBC ever, every time I have tried its gotten rejected, which is too bad because first time I wanted to buy it, I would have had a decent return by now.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Anybody got any other good warrants ? 250M+ spac and $1.65 or under ?

WPF warrants have been trending down to $2. Already merging with Alight for $7.3B. Popped already but has just been forgotten about and can't get any traction since. I snagged some the other day, but you might be looking for something that hasn't popped yet.

Edited by Sp3nny

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

For fun just threw $400 at HCMC or the Healthy Choices Management Co.

Food, diet plan and fitness based company.  Literally trading at $.003 per shared USD.  But loads of chatter and using throw away on it from a previous sale.

I'll hold until it doubles.  These things are the ridiculous dad based crap like monat and stuff that flash in and out but can make a bit of $

Same, I got in HCMC mid last week, up $40 (11%) so far

9 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nano Dimension Prices $500 Million Registered Direct Offering

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nano-dimension-prices-500-million-020100431.html

I don't know how but this has scam written all over it.

Thanks for posting!

Looked into the Balance Sheet and Income Statement and found that the Company recorded a operating loss of 27M for the nine month period ending September 30,2020. At the same time they recorded revenues of 1.4M only. The main reason for this huge operating loss are 14,5M share-based payment expenses for this period. Unbelievable, how the employees are getting paid, despite the small amount of total revenues. They can't afford to make these payments to employees out of the cash flow from operating activities. Therefore some investors have to provide some capital to make share based payments happen.

Income statement for the nine month period ending September 30. 2020 is the lastest version being available at the company's website.

That's actually a pretty good example for the necessity to look into the financials before you make an investment.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

Palantir Q4 Quarterly Earnings Call LIVE | PLTR's Fiscal 2020 Conference Call

Summary:

$1.1 billion in revenue for full year 2020, up 47% year-over-year

$322 million in revenue for Q4 2020, up 40% year-over-year

New contracts in Q4 2020 include Rio Tinto, PG&E, bp, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, FDA, and NHS Expects

Q1 2021 revenue growth of 45% year-over-year

CEO Axel Karp quoted the german philosopher Hegel in german language in the conference call. US analyst's might have thought: What the hell is this guy  talking about ? ::D

interesting, very interesting:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/19/george-soros-is-offloading-palantir-shares-due-to-business-practices.html

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

10 hours ago, Duodenum said:

SCPE warrants are under $2 and they have a letter of intent.

Gonna avoid that one incase something doesn't happen. This SPAC only has a 18 month prospectus which has basically expired. Thats why they scrambled with the LOI. The merging company can squeeze these guys into a crappy deal to get it done.

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nano Dimension Prices $500 Million Registered Direct Offering

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nano-dimension-prices-500-million-020100431.html

I don't know how but this has scam written all over it.

Amazing.. Just a dumpster of a company, glad people are making money off of it though..

What amazes me the most about NNDM is that after every single offering, it immediately goes back up. And their offerings seem to happen once a month lately

I have wanted to get into NNDM for awhile but think I'll stick with SPACs for now