The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

27 minutes ago, Russ said:

karen walker comedy GIF by Will & Grace

It happens, so many times I have said the same thing then its like "oh well"

I do have one gem I'm holding....28,000 shares of RLLCF at an average of $0.009 per share since last week

That might have just paid for my house if it does what I think after the Pratt + Whitney engine failure and the announced, soon to be expanded UK naval fleet upgrades.

Fingers very crossed....

Edited by Warhippy

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I do have one gem I'm holding....28,000 shares of RLLCF at an average of $0.009 per share since last week

That might have just paid for my house if it does what I think after the Pratt + Whitney engine failure and the announced, soon to be expanded UK naval fleet upgrades.

Fingers very crossed....

trippled nice!

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If it hits 10 cents my house is paid for.

$1.00 I'll retire

Wow - I'm still just trying to find a happy medium between this type of growth and the guy who told me I should be happy if I get 5% year over year.

If I can do that, then next step will be thinking about learning how to pay off houses!

42 minutes ago, nzan said:

Wow - I'm still just trying to find a happy medium between this type of growth and the guy who told me I should be happy if I get 5% year over year.

If I can do that, then next step will be thinking about learning how to pay off houses!

I think its two different types of investing styles/objectives. 5% RoR (annualized) on long term retirement monies is not to shabby and a good target as you want those monies secure and as you age objective changes to primarily capital preservation which results in lower returns (risk/return tradeoff), but on active daily trading such as in this thread 5% would be well below the mark. But you also have to have the stomach for the volatility and losses that occasionally will come specially when starting off and learning.

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

17 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think its two different types of investing styles/objectives. 5% RoR (annualized) on long term retirement monies is not to shabby and a good target as you want those monies secure and as you age objective changes to primarily capital preservation which results in lower returns (risk/return tradeoff), but on active daily trading such as in this thread 5% would be well below the mark. But you also have to have the stomach for the volatility and losses that occasionally will come specially when starting off and learning.

Yeah thanks, understood.

That was my thing; for years I've just been very happy to hope my long term retirement fund would be growing slowly and steadily. It has....but sooooo sloooowly. They told me to expect it to be super boring investing, but it's been so boring I've got to try and mix in a bit of self-directed growth.

And I guess any monkey can be making good returns in the current climate, but I'm happy to be making about 10% a month in the first few months. If I learn some more, maybe I'll start thinking about making some real money like the folks on this board.

15 hours ago, HI5 said:

Less than $1.50?

$VHAQ - but warrants are 2:1

---

$CFIV - looks interesting though at $2

Ding ding ding... VHAQ is the one. Bought 10,000 shares @ $0.67

It is a 2:1 but at 0.67 it’s trading at $1.34 a shares which is an excellent price point for  a 175M SPAC.

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'll be looking for your queue tomorrow then sir

See above..

5 hours ago, inane said:

What's your strongest conviction? 

CONX - 10,000 warrants and 1000 commons. I think this one is gonna be a winner. I base this off nothing but my opinion. Would be shocked if it isn’t space related and Charles Ergen and Cathie know each other. I’m hoping she’s a potential pipe.

21 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Great entry point for Ttcf for upcoming earnings run up 

Very very curious to see how they do on this earnings. Will be watching with great interest, I want this company to do so well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Congrats Hip. Don't forget to take some profits along the way!

I dipped out 2/3s of each on Friday and kept my initial investments...i'm up over 7200 on the day with them.  Setting my current loss limits at 5 cents below days end value on both and considering buying the wife some new tatas 

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

So many good advices on here.  

I was -30% for my portfolio before really watching stuff that people posted on here.  Now I'm +250%. 

I really wish Covid would be over.... would totally buy a round of drinks for many of the fine people here.  

Ditto between Ari and NucksPatFan they have helped me immensely.  Might have to start listen to WarHippy and his penny stocks now.

Edited by Russ