The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

On 2/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, AriGold2.0 said:

Ding ding ding... VHAQ is the one. Bought 10,000 shares @ $0.67

It is a 2:1 but at 0.67 it’s trading at $1.34 a shares which is an excellent price point for  a 175M SPAC.

Bought 1200 shares and 10000 warrants on a play on this.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Thanks for the insight.

A lot of her spec positions make up tiny portions (less than half a percent) of Arkk. When the usps contract news came out and workhorse dropped 60 percent (of which Arkk owns close to 3 mill shares) it barely moved Arkk. The top holdings are relatively strong revenue generating companies poised to continue to grow. Tesla will break 1k in the future. Correct to sub 500? Possibly. But long term I think it breaks 1k. She’s also not afraid to sell. She was selling off Tesla for consecutive days in December and January.

I’m only in Arkk, not the individual ones, with a cost basis around $42 so I’m fairly confident moving forward. 

Someone above mentioned Palantir. She was on CNBC the other day and mentioned she sees palantir staying flat or going down in the near term but she’s investing in the long term of the company. 

I do agree with the point of her posting daily moves as a bad thing. And I do think that will stop in the near future. I don’t know if I see myself investing in any of the individual etf’s but the Arkk one I’m confident in. 

ARKW has treated me very well and was my original play for bitcoin exposure. Moving forward I have only been adding to ARKK. They have the best ones in there anyway. The ARK funds are high risk, people shouldn't be plowing 50% of their portfolio into them. For me, it's a 5-10% allocation, not that I am any sort of expert but I think people make the mistake of thinking because it's an ETF it's reliable. The fact it is an 'innovation' fund should be telling enough, I think that ties their hands somewhat with what they can do on weeks like this. I don't think they can be buying any precious metals to hedge inflation... but I could be wrong.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Does anyone have any value dividend plays that are on sale?

https://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=141&f=fa_div_o10,sh_price_o1&o=-change

Stocks with a minimum dividend of 10%. Not exactly "on sale" in the short term. But zoom out to a longer time frame and many of these are quite beaten up.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Appreciate your advice. I plan to be buying a new home in 6 month, at which point I'll be closing all of my positions. Do you have any thoughts on whether I should move into something less risky?

If that's the case, I'd protect against the downside with stops. Or you could buy some puts.

Congrats on the new house.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Does anyone have any value dividend plays that are on sale?

I use a allocation model so my picks are tempered somewhat. I would add ENB and TRP if you are underweight. FTS is at 4% Y, so yes. As I get older I am more of a 'show me the money' investor. No yield no play. 

I am giving Keystone Financial research a go this year. They are high on SYZ at a 4% Y so I bought. My growth play is PTQ even without a Y. On commodity I bought CMMC which is a copper play. It is climbing everyday.

The bar bell approach is a popular term these days. Currently I am overweight growth at 32% but that is 60% commodities, mostly gold/sliver but some copper and potash. 

Question might be whether to convert more $'s to USD at 1.253%. Real inflation is coming and Canada will be hit hard.  

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

lol.  My only plays now are currently CCTL, RLLCF, RYCEY and HCMC

I kid I kid ;)

16 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

buy geothermal energy, the world is going to need a lot of energy by 2030, with all cars being made be electric. some good price points for PIF.to is a small cap profitable company, with a 3.6% dividend pay per share. 17.50 would be a great price point for it, but i FOMO'd at 20$ this morning.

and ine.to is a high growth company expected to to grow revenues by 75% year after year and become profitable by in 2021 and by 2022 very profitable. 1 year rsi was below twenty today when i bought in, currently at 24. with 2.9% dividend per share

Added PIF.to to my watchlist thanks, going to look into it a bit more. 

20 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Just my opinion. In the next 2 years there's a 50% chance Cathie blows up.

Yea been thinking lately of moving my ARKG into a different Vanguard ETF or get some dividend stocks with it. I don't know the real benefit of showing your buy/sell daily positions, rather have it monthly or quarterly because then you're just tipping your hand to others on what you're doing. 

Edited by Russ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Forget lube... I need rectal surgery from this is week I'm having.  

Still got massive gains these last few months, but losing a Lambo amount in unrealized gains still hurts :sadno:

I feel ya :(

200k in unrealized gains lost for me in 2 weeks because of 2 stocks 

• Sad 3

https://financialpost.com/commodities/energy/more-than-just-a-cold-streak-canadian-gas-producers-ramp-up-shipments-as-deep-freeze-roils-u-s

So I was looking for buying opportunities regarding the cold snap in the USA. 

Apparently, Canadian natural gas companies are selling at a huge mark-up to the States right now. Birchcliff is selling 4x higher than normal. 

Their stock price is current 3.31, up 55% from their low in January. 

Anybody see any other Natural gas companies that might be a good buy right now?