The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Isles-Nelson agree to 3 years

...Sutter contract just keeps looking worse and worse as these signings come along.

Sutter 26 years old, 21 goals 33 points. Nelson 23 years old, 20 goals 42 points. Nelson $2.3 cap hit, Sutter $4.375 cap hit.

Don't get me wrong I love the new management the direction they're heading but contracts wise, not so much. Not to mention the Franson-Sbibsa contract comparisons as well.

...Sutter contract just keeps looking worse and worse as these signings come along.

Sutter 26 years old, 21 goals 33 points. Nelson 23 years old, 20 goals 42 points. Nelson $2.3 cap hit, Sutter $4.375 cap hit.

Don't get me wrong I love the new management the direction they're heading but contracts wise, not so much. Not to mention the Franson-Sbibsa contract comparisons as well.

Sutter pending UFA

Nelson RFA

Apples and oranges my friend.

Sutter pending UFA

Nelson RFA

Apples and oranges my friend.

Care to explain Franson-Sbisa then?

...anyways regardless of the status of the contract, doesn't mean you pay the player something he's not worth. Exception being higher end players and Sutter/Sbisa aren't that.

Care to explain Franson-Sbisa then?

...anyways regardless of the status of the contract, doesn't mean you pay the player something he's not worth. Exception being higher end players and Sutter/Sbisa aren't that.

Right after you explain why it took Franson until September to find a single team (the NHL's worst) willing to give him a 2nd year of term. Maybe NHL GM's don't perceive him to be anywhere near as good as some of the shoppers here on CDC.

This is a great deal for the Isles imo, but comparing Sutter's point totals to Nelson's is apples and oranges - and oversimplified.

Sutter played a shutdown role- with borderline linemates - Nelson played with Ryan Strome and Anders Lee.

The whole Sutter/Sbisa thing has been beaten to death btw. Give them this season and let's review then whether they earned it or not.

Right after you explain why it took Franson until September to find a single team (the NHL's worst) willing to give him a 2nd year of term. Maybe NHL GM's don't perceive him to be anywhere near as good as some of the shoppers here on CDC.

This is a great deal for the Isles imo, but comparing Sutter's point totals to Nelson's is apples and oranges - and oversimplified.

Sutter played a shutdown role- with borderline linemates - Nelson played with Ryan Strome and Anders Lee.

The whole Sutter/Sbisa thing has been beaten to death btw. Give them this season and let's review then whether they earned it or not.

And there's exactly the point. Shouldn't be that way to begin with. Should be vice versa. Just comes to show lol.

Archived