The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose 2-1 in an OTL

Odd.

If we got a point every time Bartkowski scores a goal this season, I'd be pretty happy.

We'd get one point. :emot-parrot:

If we got a point every time Bartkowski scores a goal this season, I'd be pretty happy.

We'd get one point. :emot-parrot:

judging by Bartkowskis goal output... it could take a long time for another. :emot-parrot:

While I agree with those saying that the young guys need more ice time, I think we should give Willie benefit of the doubt about the line juggling for at least another 5-6 games. Probably looking for a consistent secondary scoring line, and I'm okay with him tinkering a bit in the first 10 games before they settle into a more concrete lineup.

The Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen line had some good chances, but also made a couple mistakes here and there. Willie needs to be won over, but that'll take a couple very good games defensively. Horvat is a known quantity on defense but Baertschi and Virtanen have to play the way Willie wants them to on defense as well.

Bo is definitely flirting with the dreaded sophmore slump

Nah, his confidence is hurting because WD puts Prust and Dorsett on his LW for consecutive games, meaning there's no offensive opportunity and he goes -3 in a 4-3 loss against St.Louis...then he puts him with two skilled players and only gives them 10 minutes together.

Even though Travis Green looks like a damn good option, and who better to get Baer going, I don't think Benning will fire WD before having a serious conversation with him about playing youth if they earn it. I see that happening sooner than later if games like this keep and St.Louis keep happening.

Even though Travis Green looks like a damn good option, and who better to get Baer going, I don't think Benning will fire WD before having a serious conversation with him about playing youth if they earn it. I see that happening sooner than later if games like this keep and St.Louis keep happening.

I dont think you fire a coach who is first in his division.

"One of my goals this year was to be good at home, so this start is disappointing. Nothing we can do but improve moving forward" - Desjardins

Yeah, you can make better coaching decisions when it counts.

Anyone can role 4 lines or a practice, not everyone can mold a good roster and get young players confidence up and their offense rolling.

Nah, his confidence is hurting because WD puts Prust and Dorsett on his LW for consecutive games, meaning there's no offensive opportunity and he goes -3 in a 4-3 loss against St.Louis...then he puts him with two skilled players and only gives them 10 minutes together.

No, hes just not playing all that well

Archived