The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Star Wars: Force Awakens proper trailer released

GLASSJAW

I don't think Luke is the villain. My theory is that Luke may have gone into exile after ROTJ as some rumours have suggested. He the the "hope" that is found (maybe in a scene a la Gandalf in Fangorn Forest in The Two Towers).

Exactly, it makes the most sense IMO. Kylo Renn is already long been confirmed to be played by Adam Driver anyways

• 1 month later...
On November 8, 2015 at 2:21:48 PM, G.K. Chesterton said:

I don't think Luke is the villain. My theory is that Luke may have gone into exile after ROTJ as some rumours have suggested. He the the "hope" that is found (maybe in a scene a la Gandalf in Fangorn Forest in The Two Towers).

Did no one notice the hooded figure with a prosthetic right hand reach out to R2 in the preview? Guarantee that's Luke, that's the hand he lost to Vader in Cloud City.

I'd say he went exile because of how powerful in the Force he truly is, coupled with the idea that the Rebellion really didn't have any long term plans beyond the fall of the Empire...I'd wager it fell to rancor as they bickered over different political ideologies, & Luke pulled a "peace, I'm out...this stuff's between y'all." Ditto Han, he was a gun for hire who got caught up in his friends quests. I'd say Leia may be the only one who stuck with the Rebellion in trying to establish a new galactic gov't.

Just a theory.

On 2015-12-10 at 1:02 PM, Jaimito said:

the newest trailer is the Chinese version. More new shots.

https://youtu.be/M9tsj1px4CI

here is link to all the trailers so far:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136141-here-are-the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailers-all-in-the-one-place

anyone going to that 17hr marathon in Scotiabank theatre? It's almost sold out.

Jst checked it out.  Starts at 4 in the morning and only the seats in the first row are left.

I have a theory about Kylo Ren ...

He is Luke and Leia's kid, I think they shared more then a kiss before they found out they were brother and sister. Leia shipped him off to the edge of the galaxy in embracement when she found out it wasn't Hans. Kylo found out he was a product of incest and obviously went to the darkside.

8 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

He is Luke and Leia's kid, I think they shared more then a kiss before they found out they were brother and sister. Leia shipped him off to the edge of the galaxy in embracement when she found out it wasn't Hans. Kylo found out he was a product of incest and obviously went to the darkside.

I think you are looking for this topic
http://forum.canucks.com/topic/215060-a-game-of-thrones-to-the-point-of-the-tv-show-no-spoilers-beyond-that/

:P 

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

LOL. Anyone who finds out they are inbred also decides they are evil? A bit heavy for a Disney movie.

2 hours ago, taxi said:

LOL. Anyone who finds out they are inbred also decides they are evil? A bit heavy for a Disney movie.

no no no the fact that he was discarded by the "Rebels" and the "Lightside" was what sent him to the darkside. Quit trying to find holes in my theory we all know its right.

movie premieres tonight. I guess I have to stay offline to avoid the spoilers.

I doubt the incest theory holds. The back to the future trilogy was as far as they took it on mainstream movie, and I highly doubt Disney will ok it. They want to make as much $ as possible, and a plot like that will turn off the following weeks. The opening will be big, if not biggest of all time, since no one has seen it and be able to leak it.

Star Wars Frenzy at Fever Pitch Ahead of L.A. Premiere  http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/star-wars-frenzy-reaches-fever-pitch-ahead-los-angeles-premiere-n479956

27 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Force Awakens should have been about the story of Ben Skywalker or how Jacen Solo became a Sith Lord, instead we get an entire new crop of characters.

WTF J.J?

Apparently you're not up to snuff on what's going on in the Star Wars universe...Ben Skywalker, Jace Solo? Don't exist, they are not canon anymore, ie. they're about as relevant to Star Wars now as Pinocchio. 

All that matters is in the films & TV shows & comics published after Disney bought Lucas Arts.

Just had the movie spoiled for me by some...word I can't use on CDC, he commented on something totally unrelated to Star Wars...not doing any research to see if he did spoil the film, but geez some folks shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Archived