The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

This league is a Kawhi Leonard signing away from being either extremely balanced or another super team. I didn't think the LAL would get Kawhi at all, but he must seriously considering it with AD up there now. 

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

This league is a Kawhi Leonard signing away from being either extremely balanced or another super team. I didn't think the LAL would get Kawhi at all, but he must seriously considering it with AD up there now. 

Nobody knows anything, so this might be meaningless as well, but I saw a report that said Kawhi's camp has asked for "absolute silence" on details of his meetings with the various teams. If that is the case, all the "leaks" around the meeting with Magic and the Lakers can't bode well for them.

I have no idea what is going on in KL's head, but just from what I've seen from him, he doesn't strike me as a "Super Team" kind of guy. He does strike me as a guy who would want to play at home, to be closer to friends and family, which is why I've been leaning towards him signing with the Clippers since day one.

I've said it before: Even if his time in T.O. is a "one and done", it was totally worth it. (and would have been even had they lost to the Dubs) I won't criticize him for moving on. IMO, he's more than earned the right to play wherever he wants. I'll be disappointed if he chooses the Lakers, but I won't hate him for it. He has my respect and always will.

lol so a MLSE Plane landed in Toronto today apparently it had kwahi on it. about 10 people get on it and  CP24 literally follows the SUV does a live broadcast all the way to the hotel where there meeting.It was live the OJ Simpson chase. 

• Haha 1

All rumors until he announces.  The 2 yr term makes sense, as he can max out after when he goes to Lakers/Clippers. But having a chance to defend the title or even start a mini dynasty makes sense.  Raptors are deep already, and him signing there will attract more FA. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1

I think it speaks volumes that he’s still in Toronto on the 4th of July, rather then at home with family in the States (apparently his family is with him in TO).

That has to be a good sign for the Raptors.

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I think it speaks volumes that he’s still in Toronto on the 4th of July, rather then at home with family in the States (apparently his family is with him in TO).

That has to be a good sign for the Raptors.

It was cool the Raptors won the Championship, but I kinda (now) want Leonard to sign with the Lakers.  I don’t think he will though.  He’s staying with the Raps for one more season, and then he’s off to LA for a super max deal.  

On 6/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, HI5 said:

Kawhi the type of guy to go to Clippers, just to beat the Lakers.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, Van40 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HELL NO. 

Make that Kawhi & PG13

14 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

KL to Clips,  Green to Lakers.

Raps stand exactly where Now? 

Rebuild mode. 

Kawhi was probably just in Toronto today to pick up his things. Or maybe the media crap in Ontario got to him :lol:

Again. I called it months ago. LAC or resigning in the 6. Honestly im cool with this scenario. Raps get a Ship. Kawhi improves his legacy. He goes to a team with no history. PG13 who is a star and 100% deserves a ring will have a great shot to get one. Oh, and LeBron won't win ****. 

Kawhi > Lebron