The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

You haven't got a clue... Have you ever been to a game? Fans have never cheered louder than for Bure and Lui, they both got treated like royalty here.

Yes I've been to many gamea lol.. And so many were butt hurt when Bure left and so many never gave Lu the praise he deserved. He was very polarizing in the media... 

1 hour ago, Frazzy Desjardins said:

Yes I've been to many gamea lol.. And so many were butt hurt when Bure left and so many never gave Lu the praise he deserved. He was very polarizing in the media... 

I have never heard of any fans hurt by Bure... Many were hurt by management at the time but that is entirely different. Luongo gave nothing but praise for the fans and the city, find one instance where he upset with the fans... Won't happen. He was pissed about the winter classic and earlier things regarding Schneiders playing time... Once again he loved the city and fan base here.

if you are basing this on seeing some threads on the forums here how Luongo is a loser.... I somehow don't think a player pays attention to a few rogue fans who don't like him!!

Edited by Westcoasting

Based on win/loss record so far this year, and number of games remaining (assuming no injury), he will pass Tony Esposito this year. The real question might be whether he can pass Jacques Plante as well?

Do playoff wins count for this? If so, I'd say the odds are in his favour.

10 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

Based on win/loss record so far this year, and number of games remaining (assuming no injury), he will pass Tony Esposito this year. The real question might be whether he can pass Jacques Plante as well?

Well he's already well ahead of Espo in the losses column so hopefully he can win more than lose the rest of the season to hold that as close as he can.

10 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

I don't think so.

16 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Hey look, a team doing a rebuild the right way.

Thing is they have so many good young kids in their lineup and in the prospect cupboard, that they might not be able keep all of them .  They are set up to make some big trades if needed with all the overstock of young players.

3 minutes ago, poetica said:

And that set a new team record for 8 wins in a row. Go, Cats!

Been watching Lu since 06/07, and honestly right now, he might be playing some his best hockey in his entire career.

He is a Vezina candidate right now.

Edited by JV77