The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Trevor Daley to Penguins for Rob Scuderi

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Both carry the same term and cap hits. Chicago obviously wants someone more reliable.

Scuderi is a cup winner and will probably elevate his game in Chicago under Quennville.

Hawks win this trade IMO. Daley has not brought the skill set they were hoping for.

Not after this trade.

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

highway robbery by the pens.  daley is a lot younger isnt he? like 32 vs 35-36?

This. Scuderi is barely a #6 at this point and on most nights that's being generous. Guy gets walked way too often and is far passed his expiration date. The good thing is I guess that Chicago can bury Scuderi in the minors and save some cap as Pits retained 1/3rd

2 things come to mind.

1.  When has Bowman ever done something in which he outright lost a trade?  Because every time he has made a move like this it has been for a larger trade down the road in short order or to bring up some unknown and ridiculous player future hall of famer.

2.  How does this help the Pens?  If they REALLY wanted to facilitate a solid trade to push the club forward Malkin or Letang would be gone not Scuderi.

Something smells like something bigger coming soon.

27 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

highway robbery by the pens.  daley is a lot younger isnt he? like 32 vs 35-36?

I wouldn't say robbery. Hutton has more points than him this season.

If Scuderi can up his game and be part of one last run with the Hawks, the Hawks win.

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

Daley wasn't doing anything offensively and is not great defensively.  Why not trade him for someone who is at least good at one end of the ice. 

For the pens I think this is just a swing for the fence kind of deal. Hoping he can replace letang while he's out for a couple weeks. 

I like it both ways.  Like biodome.

Wow plus 1 for the biodome reference that came right out of left field.

20 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Shoulda gotten picks for Daley... As someone already said, top 4 guy on the right team. 

So essentially... Hawks traded Sharp away for nothing. Brutal. I think I may have found a GM worse at trading than Benning. 

I want to dislike like this so much.

20 minutes ago, Nas19 said:

The fact that the Penguins managed to trade Scuderi is amazing.

You guys who are saying that Scuderi is defensively sound obviously have not watched him lately. He used to be... not anymore.

The whole Pens team has taken a dip.

Who's to say under Quennville he doesn't find his game from 3 years ago. Never underestimate what a good coach can bring out of players. I've seen lots of players that everyone said were done come back to life on new teams.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The whole Pens team has taken a dip.

Who's to say under Quennville he doesn't find his game from 3 years ago. Never underestimate what a good coach can bring out of players. I've seen lots of players that everyone said were done come back to life on new teams.

It's quite possible. Scuderi is 36 years old though so there's a good chance it's due to his age. He hasn't been very good the last couple of years.

Generally speaking Daley is the better defenseman. But in Chicago's system Daley wasn't getting the job done. Daley did some things well with the puck, but he was a nightmare in the defensive zone. 

One area Chicago needs to improve this season is the PK. Scuderi will help with the PK and Daley wasn't playing on the special teams. 

With the emergence of TvR as a top 4 d-man in Chicago neither Daley or Scuderi was/will be more than a 3rd pairing defenseman. So at least Chicago saves $1 million in cap space. 

Hopefully Daley has more success in Pittsburgh. I think he's a decent defenseman but he's wasn't the right fit in Chicago. 

Archived