The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian reinstated

Mackcanuck

6 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Passed waivers.  From out point of view, it's good that Zack's still in Montreal's system, but not so much from his.  They aren't going to show any lenience and I'm betting they don't qualify him when his contract is up.  Maybe at that point someone will take a chance on him.   

The only chance he gets back in the league is if his contract is mutually terminated so that someone can take a 800k chance on him on a 2 way contract.

On 2015-12-17 at 7:09 PM, LolClarkson said:

The only chance he gets back in the league is if his contract is mutually terminated so that someone can take a 800k chance on him on a 2 way contract.

As I recall, his contract is up at the end of this year, at which point he's RFA.  If he isn't qualified then he becomes UFA.  Maybe there could be a mutual agreement to terminate beforehand, like with Sestito.  But once he's UFA, he could even go at league minimum (575,000?) and 2-way would be pretty likely since it doesn't look like any bidding war is about to happen. 

11 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

As I recall, his contract is up at the end of this year, at which point he's RFA.  If he isn't qualified then he becomes UFA.  Maybe there could be a mutual agreement to terminate beforehand, like with Sestito.  But once he's UFA, he could even go at league minimum (575,000?) and 2-way would be pretty likely since it doesn't look like any bidding war is about to happen. 

Are you suggesting we sign him?  He's an addict, who will most likely never recover.  It's sad, because we all loved the guy, but it's true.

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you suggesting we sign him?  He's an addict, who will most likely never recover.  It's sad, because we all loved the guy, but it's true.

Some people are comfortable with predicting the future, while some of us prefer a "wait and see" approach.

I don't want to speak for Maniwaki, but I assume that his suggestion was with the caveat that Kassian demonstrate a change in attitude and a commitment to sobriety.

Archived