The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Zack Kassian

AriGold

Pulling for Zack and hope he can turn it around. There we're times watching him where you would go "wow.. Where did that come from".. I recall him heating up at some point over a couple games and flying down the right wing and letting off an absolute bullet of a wrist shot at home, can't recall which game, and it got me thinking this kid can pot 25-30 if he puts that much effort into each game. He had the potential to be a dominating force in the NHL. 

I don't know what Zack was abusing, but I hope he's got his head clear. Nobody understands until you've been through it yourself, good on him for getting help and following through with it. Let's hope he stays true. 

Feels like just yesterday I almost threw the remote through my TV hearing the words "Sounds like Hodgson going the other way.." from Bob McKenzies mouth, but he grew on me right away. 

Good luck Zack, I'd bet cash he's playing out the season in the A working towards a deal in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

An alberta team will claim him.  Ive always had a gut feeling he was going to play in alberta.

was kassian counting against their cap well in rehab. if so maybe to clear more cap for an incoming trade.

Calgary would have first crack at him I think...And his first game back vs Canucks he will beat up Prust...

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

I believe he got a raise in montreal and is 2 mill a year, RFA at season end.  needs conditioning, and stage 2 of substance abuse what ever that is.   I think he can be dumped without pay if he fails stage 2.   would be good for Utica that's for sure. 

does he get wavier protection for being in the program to protect the teams asset

There is a reason why his career has ended up where it is today. It's easy as fans to sit back and say we should claim him, lots of upside, etc but he clearly burned his bridges here in Vancouver and there was a reason why they didn't want him anymore. I feel his career is good as done. 

23 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not every player on the team has to be a role model. The Sedins are more than enough.

This obsession (not saying it yours, by the way) with Canucks players being completely upstanding members of society and having spotless souls is nauseating.

The kids coming into this team need to learn the right way to play from the vets. That's it. How they manage themselves is their business and their responsibility. They are adults, are they not?

Easy for fans to say things like this without actually being a part of the team.  I don't care whether it's competitive sports or where you work- when you have someone that doesn't put the work in it can have an effect on the morale of the team and becomes a distraction.  Only the Sedins are enough?  They should have to babysit everyone?

Kassian was traded for more than his off ice issues.  WD/JB spent massive amount of time on him.  MTL had enough.  Nuff said.

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

There is a reason why his career has ended up where it is today. It's easy as fans to sit back and say we should claim him, lots of upside, etc but he clearly burned his bridges here in Vancouver and there was a reason why they didn't want him anymore. I feel his career is good as done. 

I see zero upside. I hope no NHL takes him. He doesn't deserve another chance in the NHL. There are way more deserving guys out there.

Archived