The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Zack Kassian

AriGold

I'd take a chance on the guy, he is still young, skilled and tough. I also believe that taking him back would "sell' well with  other players in the league. It speaks to a culture of understanding and as a team the Canucks lead in supporting mental health issues.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

They won a cup acting like cave men! lol...

They were cheap. Not cave men. Cave man kassian miss's a hit so he swings his stick around to break peoples jaws. Tie games he hits guys head first behind into boards. Plus he is useles if he doesn't skate in a straight line.

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Apples and oranges.  Stoll is still in game shape. Kassian has not only not seen the ice in 3 months, but he's been undergoing intensive rehab. I would think going through withdrawal will have taken a physical toll on him. It's likely to be several weeks before he's close to being ready to play in an NHL level game

Withdrawal assumes a fairly lengthy addiction. 

He may not have actually had an addiction but a problem 

3 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Bruins wont take him. He is a liability defensively and he takes stupid cave man penaltys.

That is bs plain and simple.

I took the time in another thread to track all of Zack's penalties and the surprisingly high infrequency of them - so not going to bother again, but the myth that he played an undisciplined game in general doesn't stand up to the reality test.

4 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

They were cheap. Not cave men. Cave man kassian miss's a hit so he swings his stick around to break peoples jaws. Tie games he hits guys head first behind into boards. Plus he is useles if he doesn't skate in a straight line.

cheap? cavemen? whats the difference.  Lucic and Chara putting guys in the hospital?  You think the Bruins are too high class to pick up a guy like Zack?  

I just dont know how anyone would think it would look good on us in any which way to pick this guy up again. He had multiple chances in Vancouver. He blew them. Time to find another path another team for young Kassian. He will find a team in due time. I Just think it would be completely idiotic to pick him up. Plus he sounded happy to leave Vancouver. And Management seemed happy to let him go. Just leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Two hand slashes to the calves is cheap then?

What about slamming someone's head into a staunchion?

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I just read that they can claim him, put him on uticas team for 14 days as per conditioning,  and if they choose to not recall him at that time he has to be re exposed to waivers and if not claimed he can remain in utica

At which point Montreal could just take him back

Archived