The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 1-2 Canucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Marky likes consistent work so hopefully he comes with his A game against LA Monday and gives us another chance.  

I wonder if someone gets a call for Hendrik, maybe Friesen or Gaunce who is back playing center for Utica.  He played will tonight in Comets win over Rochester.    

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pedan is a fearsome defenseman. Just what this team needed. 

He makes his hits count and plays a disciplined game. 

We need Pedan and more of his game again on Monday.  The king of bullies coming to town to ruin our holiday mood.

25 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I have a headache looking at that gash

Beauty game by Honey Badger

One of our worst lineups in the last quarter century. And we still beat all those first rounders.  lol

The Canucks have a lot of injuries. But those injuries are forcing WD to make some moves that are probably helping the team.

As many people have pointed out, Higgins and Burrows are having terrible years. With those guys out Kenins and Vey play instead and, right now, they contribute more than Higgins and Burrows.

Pedan finally gets a chance to play. Not saying he is as good as Tanev. He isn't. But his size and toughness add a lot to the D. And he skate decently and can shoot.

And most importantly, Markstrom gets to play instead of Miller. Marky has better numbers, even counting Miller's hot start. And recently it is no contest. Right now Markstrom is a significantly better goaltender.

So I am not sure this the worst line-up in 25 years or even this year. I think tonight's team was better than the team the Canucks were putting on the ice two or three weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, JamesB said:

The Canucks have a lot of injuries. But those injuries are forcing WD to make some moves that are probably helping the team.

As many people have pointed out, Higgins and Burrows are having terrible years. With those guys out Kenins and Vey play instead and, right now, they contribute more than Higgins and Burrows.

Pedan finally gets a chance to play. Not saying he is as good as Tanev. He isn't. But his size and toughness add a lot to the D. And he skate decently and can shoot.

And most importantly, Markstrom gets to play instead of Miller. Marky has better numbers, even counting Miller's hot start. And recently it is no contest. Right now Markstrom is a significantly better goaltender.

So I am not sure this the worst line-up in 25 years or even this year. I think tonight's team was better than the team the Canucks were putting on the ice two or three weeks ago.

This also gives Miller some time to rest. As i felt he was playing too much. Its good to know that we got the Marksmen to come in and play stellar for us.

As for Higgins and Burrows, i think there roles are different or have not played up to standard. Higgins has been very disappointing.(not sure if its still an injury thing) But at least Burrows is contributing in a useful way.

Sven looking miles ahead of where he was at the start of the season. Going to the dirty areas and generating havoc. He even made some nice defensive plays back in his own zone. He looks like he has a pretty good ceiling, lets hope he keeps it up.

8 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Pedan possesses the physicality that Tanev lacks. 

11 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

Marky likes consistent work so hopefully he comes with his A game against LA Monday and gives us another chance.  

I wonder if someone gets a call for Hendrik, maybe Friesen or Gaunce who is back playing center for Utica.  He played will tonight in Comets win over Rochester.    

Cracknell can move back to C.  Can't get a call-up unless one of Henrik, Burrows, Higgins or Tanev gets put on IR (and be forced to miss at least a week) to free a roster spot.

6 minutes ago, mll said:

DiCracknell can move back to C.  Can't get a call-up unless one of Henrik, Burrows, Higgins or Tanev gets put on IR (and be forced to miss at least a week) to free a roster spot.

Didn't think of the roster limit.  I guess Higgins goes on IR then.  Call up Grenier for RW?  So Daniel, McCann and Hansen; Horvat, Baer, Vrbata;  Dorsett, Cracker, Kenins; Prust, Vey, Grenier.  

Archived