The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Kippers can think whatever he wants, you don't give up Galchenyuk for Drouin. Bergevin would hang up the phone. 

I think Drouin could be had cheaper by a team willing to take on a salary dump by Tampa. Maybe a guy like Carle and Drouin to Vancouver for Hamhuis, Shinkaruk and 3rd going the other way at the TDL. Canucks would need to lose about another 1mill in cap but that could be done. 

How about if we take millions coming back, we tell them Hamhuis and a 3rd. 

We keep Shinkaruk. 

16 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How about if we take millions coming back, we tell them Hamhuis and a 3rd. 

We keep Shinkaruk. 

You gotta give something to get something Nazz, Drouin is a very talented player and ready to step into the NHL. He's already had a couple of years of development so you're moving up your rebuild. 

I'm not sure Steve Y would take the offer I suggested, but I think it's a pretty strong offer. 

JB has to be in on this and as long as it doesn't take one of our 1st rounder, Horvat, McCann, Virtanen or Hutton he needs to be open minded. 

All other prospects are on the table.

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You gotta give something to get something Nazz, Drouin is a very talented player and ready to step into the NHL. He's already had a couple of years of development so you're moving up your rebuild. 

I'm not sure Steve Y would take the offer I suggested, but I think it's a pretty strong offer. 

JB has to be in on this and as long as it doesn't take one of our 1st rounder, Horvat, McCann, Virtanen or Hutton he needs to be open minded. 

All other prospects are on the table.

Oh I know we have to give to get. 

I'm just saying, if we're taking in a contact (i.e. Carle), then maybe we give up less ^_^

How about Hammer + 2nd, and no Shink. 

I want to keep Shinkaruk if possible. I think he's going to be a beauty for us. Drouin AND Shink. wow. 

23 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Oh I know we have to give to get. 

I'm just saying, if we're taking in a contact (i.e. Carle), then maybe we give up less ^_^

How about Hammer + 2nd, and no Shink. 

I want to keep Shinkaruk if possible. I think he's going to be a beauty for us. Drouin AND Shink. wow. 

Works for me, now we just gotta convince Steve Y.

If we land Drouin then Shink is expendable. I don't think JB is in love with Shink anyways, he needs to get a lot stronger to make the NHL which will take atleast 2 years. 

On 1/6/2016 at 2:32 PM, N4ZZY said:

Give them Baer then. Vrbata + Baer to Tampa for Drouin. 

DONE, and DONE! ^_^

Way, WAY too much for Drouin.

Drouin has not proved himself in the NHL.

He had 89 games with the Lightning and had only average point production.

He has scored less goals than Sven Baertschi despite having played 39 more games.

He is worth no more than a 2nd rounder and a player.

And that player should not be Baertschi.  We don't want to get rid of him just when he is showing what he could be.

The offer should be a second rounder and either Prust, Dorsett or Higgins.

9 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

He has scored less goals than Sven Baertschi despite having played 39 more games.

And that player should not be Baertschi.  We don't want to get rid of him just when he is showing what he could be.

If we could get Drouin for that, I'm thinking it's done already.  TBay must be expecting more.  Most likely a Tanev type player.  Not that I would do that, but I might?

20 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Works for me, now we just gotta convince Steve Y.

If we land Drouin then Shink is expendable. I don't think JB is in love with Shink anyways, he needs to get a lot stronger to make the NHL which will take atleast 2 years. 

2 years? Hunter will be full time next year. He is a lock! 

1 minute ago, duc_evo said:

2 years? Hunter will be full time next year. He is a lock! 

He won't be full time next year, he'll go back and forth from NHL and AHL, the following year if he gains enough strength he could be full time NHL. Could is the key word.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

He won't be full time next year, he'll go back and forth from NHL and AHL, the following year if he gains enough strength he could be full time NHL. Could is the key word.

McCann doesn't have the strength to win a face off to save his life, Shinkaruk strength level is or should be greater than McCann's atm. 

5 minutes ago, duc_evo said:

McCann doesn't have the strength to win a face off to save his life, Shinkaruk strength level is or should be greater than McCann's atm. 

No player like Shink goes from not getting a taste to full time NHL. He'll get some NHL games but he won't be full time next year. Mgmt hasn't said anything to make me think he'll be full time next year. It's pointless to go back and forth on this, we'll see what happens next year. 

4 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

your kidding right. 

Yzerman laughs at you as your on the phone still. you want to offer the Canucks garbage for a 20 year old top six top 3 pick for bottom six scraps? :lol: Benning would be the laughing stock of the league by even thinking to make that offer. that's terrible. 

7 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

If that's the case then we would've had Drouin by now, you think JB wouldn't give up a 2nd round on Drouin but would be willing to for Vey or Baertschi? 

8 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Drouin plays his first game in the AHL last night, scores 2 goals in the 1st period with 16 NHL scouts sitting in the stands!

And yet somehow he still finds a way to only be an even +/- and they lose the game.   

Archived