The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

Sure would give them a good looking forward group. 

yeah. would definitely give them a push into the playoffs. they have a pretty good defensive group too with Suter leading the way. 

infortunate the Canucks don't have the depth to get Drouin. 

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Drouin can't even stick in the NHL right now yet he's going to put the Wild over the top?

They'd be better off keeping Dumba IMO.

Reilly was recently called up, and apparently had a good game. Drouin isnt a game breaker as it stands now. He could be a good fit on a line with Coyle and nino/zucker. Could work his way up the lineup, he has an amazing skillset just needs a chance to prove himself.

I think Minnesota would like an upgrade over Pommonville, sounds like he is slowing down for them. 

A few teams out their with rhd depth that could make a decent off for drouin. yzerman hoping to have a bidding war I presume to maximize his return, Anaheim has a more aging forward group I would think they would take that risk on Drouin to try and help out their scoring woes.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Drouin can't even stick in the NHL right now yet he's going to put the Wild over the top?

They'd be better off keeping Dumba IMO.

Drouin hasn't been afforded the opportunity. Tampa has a strong top six in their line up. lots of good players. just because he can't crack their line up doesn't mean he isn't a good fit somewhere else. maybe he makes an immediate impact on Minny should he be traded there. 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

yeah. would definitely give them a push into the playoffs. they have a pretty good defensive group too with Suter leading the way. 

infortunate the Canucks don't have the depth to get Drouin. 

no, the Canucks just don't have the will or the interest.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Drouin hasn't been afforded the opportunity. Tampa has a strong top six in their line up. lots of good players. just because he can't crack their line up doesn't mean he isn't a good fit somewhere else. maybe he makes an immediate impact on Minny should he be traded there. 

And Minny doesn't have a strong top 6?

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

And Minny doesn't have a strong top 6?

No - otherwise why would they be so actively pursuing him.  Parise is terrific and Koivu seems to be out of last year's slump but the youngsters are struggling to produce with any consistency.  And someone like Pominville is declining pretty quickly.  

3 hours ago, mll said:

No - otherwise why would they be so actively pursuing him.  Parise is terrific and Koivu seems to be out of last year's slump but the youngsters are struggling to produce with any consistency.  And someone like Pominville is declining pretty quickly.  

Drouin would inject offense for sure for Minny. 

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

no, the Canucks just don't have the will or the interest.

I would say they don't have the will, but they do have the interest for sure. How could you not like a player like Drouin? 

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I would say they don't have the will, but they do have the interest for sure. How could you not like a player like Drouin? 

This is a player who has had opportunity on a strong team and yet was being sent down to the AHL. Yes, supposedly a conditioning stint, but just as likely a huge message to Drouin. His response was 'trade me'. I suggest a red flag.

Archived