The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

15 hours ago, Boudrias said:

This is a player who has had opportunity on a strong team and yet was being sent down to the AHL. Yes, supposedly a conditioning stint, but just as likely a huge message to Drouin. His response was 'trade me'. I suggest a red flag.

It's funny some label Drouin for this trade request and these same people say they would like to trade for Rychel, who also requested a trade. Interesting.

36 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's funny some label Drouin for this trade request and these same people say they would like to trade for Rychel, who also requested a trade. Interesting.

Hmmm.  

"Trade requester." 

I don't think he's "labelled" for this, nor this alone.

22 hours ago, Boudrias said:

This is a player who has had opportunity on a strong team and yet was being sent down to the AHL. Yes, supposedly a conditioning stint, but just as likely a huge message to Drouin. His response was 'trade me'. I suggest a red flag.

Actually the trade request was made back in November.  It just came public after the AHL stint.

St-Louis, then Drouin and now Stamkos is on the verge of leaving TB empty handed.  I'd say the problem might be more with management/staff, rather than the players itself.

IMO Yzerman is making a big mistake, yes you always want team atmosphere, but Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, Killorn won't be as effective when they won't be playing behind Stamkos.  They already cooled off since last season.  They are not franchise player like Stamkos or like Drouin could potentially be.

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Actually the trade request was made back in November.  It just came public after the AHL stint.

St-Louis, then Drouin and now Stamkos is on the verge of leaving TB empty handed.  I'd say the problem might be more with management/staff, rather than the players itself.

IMO Yzerman is making a big mistake, yes you always want team atmosphere, but Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, Killorn won't be as effective when they won't be playing behind Stamkos.  They already cooled off since last season.  They are not franchise player like Stamkos or like Drouin could potentially be.

I am curious why you think it's better for Druoin's character to be asking for a trade - even back in November?  He has really good high end skill, but is his (obvious) baggage worth it?  Plus, he refuses to play on the D side of the puck. 

I would trade Tanev for him straight across.  Would you do that?  Would JB consider that?

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I am curious why you think it's better for Druoin's character to be asking for a trade - even back in November?  He has really good high end skill, but is his (obvious) baggage worth it?  Plus, he refuses to play on the D side of the puck. 

I would trade Tanev for him straight across.  Would you do that?  Would JB consider that?

Would Yzerman consider that?

I don't see why Drouin is so highly touted, if you scour my post history back to 2013, his draft year, you'll see I've always maintained that he rode the contrails of McKinnon and a highly stacked Mooseheads team during his draft year, I mean look at all the players in the top 10 from the '13 draft, all but him are regular NHLers, and a lot of them are key contributors to their team, I would have taken him in the first round that year, but not in the top 20,. I think the potential is there with him, but I just don't see him as the gifted superstar most here seem to project him as.  I mean I guess if he had the right coach and line mates he would probably put up good numbers and all, but I just don't see him as a game changer like the rest of the draft picks taken around him in that draft class.

6 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

Renaud Lavoie.

Thanks,

However that tweet was made 19h hours ago...and still nothing.  Usually when someone reliable post something like that, usually Bob Mckenzie gets on it gives his input.  The fact he hasn't done it yet tells me that a deal is not imminent.

44 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Thanks,

However that tweet was made 19h hours ago...and still nothing.  Usually when someone reliable post something like that, usually Bob Mckenzie gets on it gives his input.  The fact he hasn't done it yet tells me that a deal is not imminent.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/mckenzie-drouin-to-the-blues-1.423315

5 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Yep. I have no idea why Yzerman is holding out on Stamkos. I get that he has a lot of pride from his playing days but you are a GM now, you need different kind of pride to operate a team. Letting a sure fire 40-50 goal scorer walk is just plain stupid. 

I know the chances are low but I hope we get Stamkos if he ever reaches UFA. Stamkos-Henrik-Sutter-Bo would be our centers and WD will be rolling four lines like mad. We will be able to match up against any team in the NHL and stack up favorably in the playoffs against any team. Oh and our PP will be crazy good with Stamkos manning the right point for one timers with the Sedins... One can only dream...

4 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Would Yzerman consider that?

The so called expert insiders have been saying TBay wants a good younger (but established) right side D in the trade.  Tanev fits.  I don't know if that's too much to give for a player with Drouin's issues: personal and play wise?

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The so called expert insiders have been saying TBay wants a good younger (but established) right side D in the trade.  Tanev fits.  I don't know if that's too much to give for a player with Drouin's issues: personal and play wise?

I would grit my teeth if Tanev had to go the other way. But if it got someone of Drouin's stature, then yeah, maybe I do give it up. It would deplete the defense even more. Puts more pressure on the backend for sure. But then we just tank the rest of the season, and draft a top end player, and sign a free agent to fill defensive needs. 

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I would grit my teeth if Tanev had to go the other way. But if it got someone of Drouin's stature, then yeah, maybe I do give it up. It would deplete the defense even more. Puts more pressure on the backend for sure. But then we just tank the rest of the season, and draft a top end player, and sign a free agent to fill defensive needs. 

The thing is, we are tanking already, just not intentionally.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The thing is, we are tanking already, just not intentionally.  

Oh, I'm not sure about that. 

We are still .500. That's decent, all things considered. 

Once we get into below .500 territory, then we can talk about tanking. 

Let's see if we lose tonight's game....

Archived