The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

That's more the value (Runblad, a struggling prospect) that Drouin has.  Getting what Seguin got for Boston is too much.

I don't think Turris is a good comparable.  Turris had played 3 full NHL/AHL season, while Drouin is just 1 year and a half into his career.

Tampa got more for Martin St-Louis who wanted to go only to 1 team and was at the end of his career than what Arizona got. Stevie Y won't settle for Rundblad and a 2nd (that's basically what we paid for Baertschi).

Minimum 1st rounder + top9 F or top4 D, imo.  I mean would you settle for anything less if Horvat or Virtanen would ask for a trade ?!?

23 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I don't think Turris is a good comparable.  Turris had played 3 full NHL/AHL season, while Drouin is just 1 year and a half into his career.

Tampa got more for Martin St-Louis who wanted to go only to 1 team and was at the end of his career than what Arizona got. Stevie Y won't settle for Rundblad and a 2nd (that's basically what we paid for Baertschi).

Minimum 1st rounder + top9 F or top4 D, imo.  I mean would you settle for anything less if Horvat or Virtanen would ask for a trade ?!?

Again and I cannot stress this enough.

When a player has publicly come out and stated that they want out their value plummets.  We've gone though this with Luongo, Kesler and even to a lesser extent Hodgson.

Let me ask you this.  if Horvat or Virtanen flat out made it media public they wanted out.  Do you think GMs would line up to offer you a fraction of what they're worth?  

See Luongo, kesler

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Again and I cannot stress this enough.

When a player has publicly come out and stated that they want out their value plummets.  We've gone though this with Luongo, Kesler and even to a lesser extent Hodgson.

Let me ask you this.  if Horvat or Virtanen flat out made it media public they wanted out.  Do you think GMs would line up to offer you a fraction of what they're worth?  

See Luongo, kesler

The difference there is that both Kesler and Luongo had NTCS and handcuffed the team by giving small (or one) team they'd accept a trade to.

If neither had a NTCS  (especially Kesler) you'd have seen a much bigger return. 

Just now, lethunder said:

The difference there is that both Kesler and Luongo had NTCS and handcuffed the team by giving small (or one) team they'd accept a trade to.

If neither had a NTCS  (especially Kesler) you'd have seen a much bigger return. 

They also had multiple awards and careers under their belts and we took the best deal we could for both players.  No GM is going to offer market value for drouin period. That's not how it works

4 hours ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

Carle is lefty, has two more years (after this season) with a cap hit of 5.5 and a modified NTC (not sure what the conditions are). 

We need defencemen, but can we afford that much on Carle? 0 points in 33 games this year?

Nooooooooooooo.

Benning has already made it clear. The Canucks aren't in the market to give up any of their limited prospect depth. This pretty much means the Canucks won't be in the trade market for big names any time soon unless a miracle offer falls into Benning's lap. Which you can almost be assured, won't happen.

I could honestly see a Drouin/Johansen deal. Obviously, Tampa will need to give up more but something among those lines could potentially work. If Columbus gets the top pick this year, they could possibly select Matthews and he'd replace Johansen as their franchise centerman. 

And if Stamkos does leave, Johansen would definitely replace Stamkos.

7 hours ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Id guess McCann 

Then NO. LOL. 

McCann is bigger than Drouin, probably not as talented as Drouin is, but has a better attitude. Sometimes that goes a long way, for an organization, and for the player themselves. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

They also had multiple awards and careers under their belts and we took the best deal we could for both players.  No GM is going to offer market value for drouin period. That's not how it works

Yep. Which is why I think Stevie Y is going to hold onto Drouin. 

32 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yep. Which is why I think Stevie Y is going to hold onto Drouin. 

There's a trade with Nashville Colorado New York or Detroit coming possibly Columbus as well in the mix.  There's to much to gain/lose by risking holding on to a problem prospect with his draft position for Stevie Y

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Benning has already made it clear. The Canucks aren't in the market to give up any of their limited prospect depth. This pretty much means the Canucks won't be in the trade market for big names any time soon unless a miracle offer falls into Benning's lap. Which you can almost be assured, won't happen.

Glad to hear Benning state that he is going to hold on to the prospect depth for the remainder of the season. Once the draft comes and goes, I can see Benning taking stock of his acquisitions and making decisions then.

My main hope is that, regardless of where the team is in the standings, Benning still makes the trades that need to happen in order to prepare this team for the future. He's a smart hockey mind, and I hope that he can see with clarity how much of a pipe dream a playoff run truly is with this roster.

The "once you get in, anything can happen" ideology doesn't apply to this team as presently constructed. Not one bit.

53 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Then NO. LOL. 

McCann is bigger than Drouin, probably not as talented as Drouin is, but has a better attitude. Sometimes that goes a long way, for an organization, and for the player themselves. 

...actually, it a great attitude always goes a longer way. A high EQ (Emotional Intelligence) surpasses any IQ or talent level. Look what happens when a rocket scientist whose IQ of 160 lands him the job on the spot, but because he is always in a rage, bickering with his peers, nothing productive is done.

A great attitude is half the battle.

That said, no one knows what has caused a rift between the Drouin camp and management outside of a few published lines and loads of assumptions.

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe not market value but they aren't going to take scraps either. They probably want a high end prospect i.e. Horvat and a 2nd rounder for him. 

14 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Maybe not market value but they aren't going to take scraps either. They probably want a high end prospect i.e. Horvat and a 2nd rounder for him. 

Far more reasonable than what's being thrown out there for sure

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Then NO. LOL. 

Yea id say no aswell. I was just guessing at what they would be asking. And it would more than likely be McCann which i think no one is ready to part with.

Archived