The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

some players are worth the risk ... there are no guarantees. Drouin is worth the risk. See Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin. Exceptional talent doesn't mean exceptional character. Plus Drouin is young. There's no reason to think he can't learn and grow in the right environment. 

4 hours ago, nergish said:

while I agree that attitude is a concern here, this ain't no CoHo... 

I've heard players in LATER drafts being compared to Drouin. Like... his skillset is so unique that he is ALREADY a comparable for up-and-coming players. 

This isn't Yakupov, this is a Canadian kid. He is one of the most purely talented offensive players in recent drafts who is just bursting at the seams waiting for a chance to be a star in this league. If he were a Canucks pick, he'd be on the billboard already, and that's why he's upset - he's that good.

Proven nothing at the pro level, sure. But in today's NHL you almost have to treat budding stars like they're already stars. Our team sells A LOT of Horvat jerseys for a guy who hasn't put up too many points in this league...

in my humble opinion, this is exactly the kind of player we need to pursue. The fact that he has perceived "entitlement" issues should be of little concern to us - we need a player that grabs the starring role and runs with it. You have to be "entitled" to even attempt to fill that role. We don't have anybody like that at present. If we can get even a sniff of Drouin for a package of Vrbata + a young player not named Bo, Jared, or Jake + a 2nd or 3rd, we go for it. Because chances are we'll have another highly talented player coming in at the 2016 draft, and we will be an entirely new team going into next year. 

I mean... if Baertschi is a project worth investing in, Drouin would be that tenfold.

Give them Baer then. Vrbata + Baer to Tampa for Drouin. 

DONE, and DONE! ^_^

26 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sounds like Montreal is close to getting him. Really wish it was either us or Col getting him. What can we expect though van never get big players or prospects in trades any more it's all little stuff. We will pick up some player like Jared Tinordi and be done our trading for the year. 

Kyprios thinks the ask will be Galchenyuk.   I am not sure Bergevin is ready to pay that price.

29 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sounds like Montreal is close to getting him. Really wish it was either us or Col getting him. What can we expect though van never get big players or prospects in trades any more it's all little stuff. We will pick up some player like Jared Tinordi and be done our trading for the year. 

I'd be happy if we got Tinordi.

5 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

And, don't forget how phenomenal Horvat has been defensively!  Oh wait, he's got the absolute worst plus/minus in the entire league...

Oh good one!  Insult a Canuck's fan Favorite on a Canucks fan forum.  Drouin is little puke, who whines because the coach doesn't like him.  He is a nasty little pock marked faced baby, and we don't want him.  He'll be playing in Europe soon, because he's a soft Smurflike player with zero heart.

I'd trade Hansen for him though^_^

17 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

And, don't forget how phenomenal Horvat has been defensively!  Oh wait, he's got the absolute worst plus/minus in the entire league...

Oh plus/minus....the staple of the truly informed.

Riddle me this. 

Find another 20 year old center in the NHL, hell, find any 20 year old, that plays the kind of minutes Horvat does.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&s=63&f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=VAN&f7=5-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

Lowest offensive zone starts on the team.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&s=13&f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=VAN&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

2nd strongest relative quality of competition of any forward.

Good luck with that.

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Goes quite a bit deeper than that when you factor in ice time, quality of line mates quality of competition and PP time.  One is fed better everything one has started from da bottom now hes hur

Quality of linemates?

Drouin played with plugs on the 4th line last year. His P/60 stat has been solid last year and this year. Whoever trades for him and plays him right will have a gem on their hands. Drouin has been handed nothing so far, there is a reason Lightning fans on HF are cursing Cooper for his usage of Drouin.

Both Horvat and Drouin are excellent young players, each bring different qualities to their team than the other. Both have the potential to be extremely valuable players for their team in the future. 

13 hours ago, Toews said:

Quality of linemates?

Drouin played with plugs on the 4th line last year. His P/60 stat has been solid last year and this year. Whoever trades for him and plays him right will have a gem on their hands. Drouin has been handed nothing so far, there is a reason Lightning fans on HF are cursing Cooper for his usage of Drouin.

Both Horvat and Drouin are excellent young players, each bring different qualities to their team than the other. Both have the potential to be extremely valuable players for their team in the future. 

Curious, wasn't he on the PP 2nd unit last year 1st unit this year?  Wasn't he playing with Stammer this year as well?

As opposed to Horvat or McCaan this year who have had gems like Dorsett Prust et al.

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Curious, wasn't he on the PP 2nd unit last year 1st unit this year?  Wasn't he playing with Stammer this year as well?

As opposed to Horvat or McCaan this year who have had gems like Dorsett Prust et al.

Well he's struggled with injuries this year. He started out quite strongly playing ES with Stamkos and Callahan before the injuries. It's hard to get a good judgement of his year thus far because you cannot discount the injuries. 

23 hours ago, mll said:

Kyprios thinks the ask will be Galchenyuk.   I am not sure Bergevin is ready to pay that price.

Kippers can think whatever he wants, you don't give up Galchenyuk for Drouin. Bergevin would hang up the phone. 

I think Drouin could be had cheaper by a team willing to take on a salary dump by Tampa. Maybe a guy like Carle and Drouin to Vancouver for Hamhuis, Shinkaruk and 3rd going the other way at the TDL. Canucks would need to lose about another 1mill in cap but that could be done. 

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Kippers can think whatever he wants, you don't give up Galchenyuk for Drouin. Bergevin would hang up the phone. 

I think Drouin could be had cheaper by a team willing to take on a salary dump by Tampa. Maybe a guy like Carle and Drouin to Vancouver for Hamhuis, Shinkaruk and 3rd going the other way at the TDL. Canucks would need to lose about another 1mill in cap but that could be done. 

Yeah I read somewhere Kypreos saying 18 year old Bennett if Flames wanted him. 

I don't think Flames would trade Bennett or MTL would trade Galcheyuk. 

I think the price should be similar to what we got Sven for plus mid prospect. 

12 minutes ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Yeah I read somewhere Kypreos saying 18 year old Bennett if Flames wanted him. 

I don't think Flames would trade Bennett or MTL would trade Galcheyuk. 

I think the price should be similar to what we got Sven for plus mid prospect. 

Sam Bennett is no longer 18, I wonder how that changes the price 

9 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

TSN thinks Calgary or Ottawa would be the best Canadian fits for Drouin.

Why not Vancouver? Horvat-Sven and McCann-Drouin would be good pairings imo. 

Unfortunately. It'll be one of those players going the other way for Drouin. 

Archived