The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

It's not usually my style to not support a player that is apart of the Canucks organization but have never seen anything special in Jensen. When the pick was made, it was the first time I couldn't get excited about a first rounder. Really didn't see an NHL future in him then and I expect that trend to continue. He showed flashes in the year he spent in the SHL and I expect that to be his next destination which by no means is a negative thing for him, can make a good living there and play good hockey in a good league.

From reports that we can't confirm Benning wanted Etem as a part of the Kesler trade and has now gotten his man. He has struggled but just like Beartschi, he will have a hard time finding a better place for him to be given a longer look. Really excited to see what he can bring. Jensen was a non factor in the organization so I am very happy with this trade. Maybe this will sway some of the JB haters just a tad towards some level of intelligence. 

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So if we ever get healthy what moves to we make.

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen, Vbrata, Sutter, Horvat, Baertschi, McCann, Cracknell, Higgins, Burrows, Prust, Dorsett, Virtanen, Etem, Vey

Hamhuis, Pedan, Sbisa, Tanev, Edler, Weber, Bartkowski, Hutton, Miller Markstrom

3 players will have to be moved.  AHL, Waivers, or trade. 

This is good though, no?

It gives us extra injury protection and the ability to move two bodies if totally healthy. 

You've gotta figure the two guys are Vrbata and Higgins. 

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

but remember when we first got Vey, and he started to light it up. The hype was real for the kid. I can see a similar thing happening to Etem, steps in scores a goal and then the hype from the fan-base goes up to a 1st liner and after he fails to achieve. It's Linden Vey 2.0 all over again or he can rip it up. who knows.

kind of like you and bo sangs AHL stats? 

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So if we ever get healthy what moves to we make.

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen, Vbrata, Sutter, Horvat, Baertschi, McCann, Cracknell, Higgins, Burrows, Prust, Dorsett, Virtanen, Etem, Vey

Hamhuis, Pedan, Sbisa, Tanev, Edler, Weber, Bartkowski, Hutton, Miller Markstrom

3 players will have to be moved.  AHL, Waivers, or trade. 

Waive Weber and trade Hamhuis and Vrbata.

11 minutes ago, Yotes said:

anyone know if he uses his size to hit when going in on the forecheck?

He has done. Looked good in the playoffs two years ago doing it. 

Needs consistency of effort. 

He is not strictly a banger, and has a top quality nhl shot. The question may be whether he can get over his 'star' enough to become a real star. That's my assessment. 

Just now, theminister said:

This is good though, no?

It gives us extra injury protection and the ability to move two bodies if totally healthy. 

You've gotta figure the two guys are Vrbata and Higgins. 

Yep depth is always good. It's going to depend on how long Hansen it out for. Vbrata, Higgins, maybe sending vey back down. 

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Today's practice:
Daniel Henrik Burrows
Sven Horvat Vrbata
Higgins Cracknell Virtanen
Prust Vey Dorsett

Extra: McCann, Etem
IR: Sutter, Hansen

That's two players to sit out each game and as Sutter, Hansen come back two players will need to move.

Next year will also be interesting because Kenins, Grenier will also be waiver eligible.  And there's Gaunce, Shinkaruk - but they aren't waiver eligible.

I don't see all these youngsters on the team next year.  veterans

fixed it for you!

Just now, mll said:

He can't go to the AHL without going through waivers unless it is a conditioning stint.  He is reporting to Vancouver as per Benning.

It was reported New York was going to send him on a conditioning stint before the trade so clearly he was eligible.

But yea, I just saw he's coming to Van.

1 minute ago, theminister said:

I'd expect it won't matter. 

Not trading him. Not signing him. 

It wouldn't be my choice but I think that's what will happen. 

Ugggh...hope not. That's literally the worst case scenario.

Awesome trade, Again JB's trying to fast forward the rebuild a bit by trading for a more developed prospect who's ready to step in for a prospect and pick.                   

Jensen was never gonna be a player in Vancouver. He's a one trick pony and didn't do that 1 trick very well. We get another big power forward type who can develop into a very nice piece for the 3rd line in a year or two. Very nice young piece of the puzzle. 

Great job JB, love this trade. 

Archived