The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

3 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Its a good trade that benefits both teams.  Nothing earth shattering however, expectations must be modest.

I'm expecting Emerson to be putting up 45 goals upon his arrival to Vancity. 100 point player!! B)

1 minute ago, theminister said:

It depends on the dynamics if the situation and how you look at it. 

Hammer has a NTC so his fate is up to him. He may want to come back but maybe he's not in our plans. 

If he refuses to get traded with the hope that he can re-sign should we be obligated to sign him if we don't want to because of that? Of course not. 

Now...I don't know anymore than anyone else but that's my best guess about what will happen. 

Could you not seek divine intervention to find out?::D

JV should play with the Twins.  

Just now, Yotes said:

I dont want to rush him or put pressure on him, but what about beside the twins?

Too soon for that I think. He needs to play a simplified game right now, similar to what Horvat is doing.

A straight line game where he takes the puck to the net. He's shown he plays well with a creative winger like Shinkaruk, so Baertschi could be a good fit with him. Then him and Horvat can drive the net and wreak havoc.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

The ship has almost certainly sailed on moving hamhuis now.  He just got wires etc removed, I can't see how he will even be remotely ready to play by the deadline.  If, by some miracle, he is, he will have little to no trade value.  In that case, I would rather see him stay.

that's unfortunate then. was hoping for Hammer to have a quick recovery and maybe we could get something for him and give him an opportunity to go on a legitimate playoff run. but as is the state of this franchise - cursed - we lose Hammer for nothing most likely. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Too soon for that I think. He needs to play a simplified game right now, similar to what Horvat is doing.

A straight line game where he takes the puck to the net. He's shown he plays well with a creative winger like Shinkaruk, so Baertschi could be a good fit with him. Then him and Horvat can drive the net and wreak havoc.

I'm all for trying that. 

3 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I'm not as optimistic about this trade as everyone else. 

Personally I prefer Jensen due to contract status. Also think it leaves Utica a bit short on talent. And I'm a bit worried what Etem's extension will be. 

Jensen would have to be put on waivers next season if he didn't earn a spot. Then we would likely lose him for nothing.

Etem hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. Unless he tears it up in the second half for us (which would be a good thing), he's likely not gonna get more than 900k.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

wouldn't mind that for Emerson and see if they have some chemistry together. Baer is an excellent playmaker. wow. incredible vision and passing. might be the right type of line mate for Etem to have to have success. 

1 hour ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Chalk up yet another bust on the Canucks draft board.

hey, they turned busts like Stojanov into Naslund and White into Erhoff when he was still good so big deal if you can get a return for them.

I like that he is a RW. 

His Medicine Hat Tiger connection has automatically put him ontop of the food chain so he will get a really good shot. 

I like that his name starts with E. It will be a nice ice breaker with Edler.

"Hey Alex, my last name also starts with E"

" Your alright kid, welcome to the team" 

1 minute ago, GarthButcher5 said:

hey, they turned busts like Stojanov into Naslund and White into Erhoff when he was still good so big deal if you can get a return for them.

Yikes, but what if Stojanov is Etem, and Naslund is Jensen!  Nooooooo!!!

I like the prospects of having more of a physical presence on one of Horvat's wings.  Love Vrbata of course, but neither he nor Baertschi are space makers (and Vrby hasn't been as great a fit as hoped) - could see this being a good fit for Horvat possibly enabling JB to recover a pick or package Vrbata at the deadline if he's not re-signing here/ or part of the plans for the future.

As it stood, there's some decent upside in a Baer Bo Vrby line, but is it too soft?    Etem has a pretty good skillset to mesh with those two.  

Or with McCann - Etem gives the prospect of a larger, speedier young guy with a reasonable two way game providing more upside on Jared's wing.

Adds lots of possibilities for WD to work with.

10 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I'm not as optimistic about this trade as everyone else. 

Personally I prefer Jensen due to contract status. Also think it leaves Utica a bit short on talent. And I'm a bit worried what Etem's extension will be. 

He hasn't exactly put up great numbers in Utica.

Archived