The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

We could have gotten atleast a pick for Prust..  JB doesn't know how you'd manage assets worth ****

Ya he is so stupid....sigh.

Don't you think he shopped the guy around? Obviously no takers or there was interest but the interested parties wanted to make sure Prust could clear waivers before making the trade. Once he clears, there may still be a trade.

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

another loss on Bennings trade record, there adding up.  

I wouldn't say that just yet. My guess is he clears waivers then teams are more desperate at TDL and we get a low pick for him. Better than nothing.

So instead of helping Kassian when he needed it, we traded for Prust and gave up a pick in a deep draft.  So now we have no Prust, no 2016 5th and no Kassian.  Well done JB.  That one didn't pan out, try to do better at the deadline please.  

Just now, canucks411 said:

I wouldn't say that just yet. My guess is he clears waivers then teams are more desperate at TDL and we get a low pick for him. Better than nothing.

I agree, if he clears then a playoff team may trade for him, keep him on the farm and then call him up when the rosters expand in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

The 5th isn't going to hurt as much as Kassian.  And yes, it was an absolutely terrible trade.

Now you are talking hindsight..and Kass has yet to fully redeem himself.  Are you forgetting the 5:00am meeting with the tree Kassian had just after we traded him or what?  

Archived