The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The clowns are all coming out of the woodwork this morning.

Are you not at all aware that both the Gillis regime and the current one tried to work with him?  It was previous management that put him into Stage 1, and everyone in current management tried to get him straightened out.  Not to mention Prust is still in the organization, but facts get in the way of any opportunity to bash Benning.

You post like a well loved insider, is that you Gallagher?  The team proclaims to do all this work with people with mental illness, I think they could have done more, that's my opinion.  It was a bad trade, you can defend Benning all you want, but I don't really trash on him so it doesn't really affect me.  What does offend me is being called a clown for stating an opinion. Show some respect.

Just now, TimberWolf said:

Benning apologists working some overtime

Benning traded a player with a substance abuse problem that nobody in the league wanted and got fourth line role player for him.

What did people want him to do? Kassian had no value despite people's overrating of him on here. That was proven when he cleared waivers.

The day we traded a young center who was having a breakout season for an unproven Kassian was the day we lost this trade.

9 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Kassian is in the AHL, Prust has been sent to the AHL, and we don't know what's gonna happen to that 5th round pick.

Armchair GM logic: whoa, Benning totally lost this trade! What an idiot! I would have kept Kassian, he's doing soooooooo much better!

Kassian is back on Edmonton..he was brought back up yesterday with Rienhart....he was sent down to play some games during the all star break.

1 minute ago, Chalky said:

You post like a well loved insider, is that you Gallagher?  The team proclaims to do all this work with people with mental illness, I think they could have done more, that's my opinion.  It was a bad trade, you can defend Benning all you want, but I don't really trash on him so it doesn't really affect me.  What does offend me is being called a clown for stating an opinion. Show some respect.

Clowns can be funny and/or scary. Maybe take heart in the fact that some posters are either afraid of you or amused by you.

Chalky the Clown has a ring to it.

I love how many of you are freaking out how we lost Kassian for nothing now. As if 6 months ago anyone in the league knew where Kassian would be right now. In the end - we traded Montreal a 5th for a 6 month veteran who underperformed. If that's the worst that it gets with Benning, we're in for quite the treat the next few years. 

"But he traded Kassian too!!!!" Yes, he did. Kassian then entered phase 2 of abuse program and did NOTHING for Montreal. If that had been while he was on the Canucks, all of you would have been calling Benning out for not trading him while he had any value. Some of you need to stop pretending you're a genius while the people actually getting paid for the job know nothing. None of you know the conversations that Benning has gone through and none of you know the market value of a plugs right now.

For the last 40 games a bunch of you have been curb-stomping Prust's name calling him useless and worthless. Benning waives him (which most of you begged him to do) and all the sudden Benning is an idiot for not getting anything for him? YOU YOURSELVES ACKNOWLEDGED HE IS WORTHLESS.

I hate CDC.

2 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Free will, are you familiar with the concept?

25 minutes ago, Chalky said:

So instead of helping Kassian when he needed it, we traded for Prust and gave up a pick in a deep draft.  So now we have no Prust, no 2016 5th and no Kassian.  Well done JB.  That one didn't pan out, try to do better at the deadline please.  

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

He did help Kassian, or try to.  He went to rehab atleast once while a Canuck.  Then he gave him a second chance by trading him to a new team for a fresh start while bringing in someone who was said to be a character guy.  Prust has no one to blame but himself.  Look at what Chicago has done with the Patrick Sharp return, if you bring in a player and it's not working out then why keep him around?

Basically this. Prust wasn't interested in playing here from day 1. No heart. No commitment. Sure he had a few great games early in the season but after that, he was a non-factor in every game he played in. It's his own fault and he clearly didn't do what JB and company thought he would do for the Canucks.

3 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Benning apologists working some overtime

personally, ive been happy overall with the changes benning is bringing. the one complaint that i can agree with is that he doesnt seem to always get the most value out of the trades. however the other side of that is, he gets the trades done and doesnt screw around waiting for the perfect deal. when he decides to get rid of someone he takes care of it one way or another. If Gillis had pulled the trigger quicker instead of looking and waiting for the best deal he may still have been our GM

23 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

The 5th isn't going to hurt as much as Kassian.  And yes, it was an absolutely terrible trade.

Kassian could end up Grabner-esque, where he wouldn't have done here what he was motivated by with the waivers and all that elsewhere. Knowing what we know now we had to try for a deal. It remains to be seen if he's useful longer term in Edmonton though.

We know Prust isn't useful here. I like him as a player and was happy enough we acquired him (but not about his cap hit, or for what we moved before we knew what we knew), he just hasn't had it this year. If we can recoup our pick or a little better one I'll have to be happy

25 minutes ago, Chalky said:

So instead of helping Kassian when he needed it, we traded for Prust and gave up a pick in a deep draft.  So now we have no Prust, no 2016 5th and no Kassian.  Well done JB.  That one didn't pan out, try to do better at the deadline please.  

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

He did help Kassian, or try to.  He went to rehab atleast once while a Canuck.  Then he gave him a second chance by trading him to a new team for a fresh start while bringing in someone who was said to be a character guy.  Prust has no one to blame but himself.  Look at what Chicago has done with the Patrick Sharp return, if you bring in a player and it's not working out then why keep him around?

Basically this. Prust wasn't interested in playing here from day 1. No heart. No commitment. Sure he had a few great games early in the season but after that, he was a non-factor in every game he played in. It's his own fault and he clearly didn't do what JB and company thought he would do for the Canucks.

I"m sure that JB tried to trade Prust but there were no takers.  

Too bad Prust got injured.  Any TDL value he might have had evaporated with that injury.    

So we lost a 5th round pick and Kassian for a guy who can't play for us and no one else wants.  

A bad trade.  

30 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

another loss on Bennings trade record, there adding up.  

You mean "they are"? 

Let's see if that 5th round pick ever plays a game. So far it's 37 NHL games for the Canucks  vs 0 NHL games for the Habs.

Archived