The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Do yoi blindfold yourself before you post?

sorry some of my words were cut off. all I was trying to say was all we here is how good lucic is. one more goal the then vrbara and 6 more points all while playing on the top line. I have watched a ton of kings game this year and he slows that first line down considerably. go on utube find me 10 hits this year you wont cus he hasnt hasn't. in not talking little hits that guys like weber even get credit for. I'm talking the kind of hit a guy making 6 millionj who is supposed to be a physical player type hits,. and before I came on here I watched all his highlights for the last3 years including the antics against the habs including the threat where he said that weise was a dead man and wouldn't shake his hand ya our leaders ie the twins and the staff would never bring a guy with such character over.his game has declined big time in the last 2 and a half seasons if you like him or not u cant deny that.

6 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

I don't wanna argue with clueless canuck fans, probably the same group bashing all of our other players Vey,Baer,Sbisa ect... 
LUCIC should sign with Vancouver in the offseason.

You keep throwing your opinion out there as though you are the sole person who 'has a clue'. Hint: You're not.  You have made a lot of assumptions about people posting in this thread. You are not the sole authority on who is 'clueless' or not. Many here, in fact the majority of posters here in the thread, view YOU as the one who is howling wishfully at the moon regarding Lucic signing in Vancouver.

If you are finding it so difficult to maintain 'discussion' with Canucks fans, perhaps another board where everyone will agree with you would be more suited to your tastes

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

You keep throwing your opinion out there as though you are the sole person who 'has a clue'. Hint: You're not.  You have made a lot of assumptions about people posting in this thread. You are not the sole authority on who is 'clueless' or not. Many here, in fact the majority of posters here in the thread, feel that YOU are the one who is howling wishfully at the moon regarding Lucic signing in Vancouver.

ok...

18 minutes ago, bp79 said:

sorry some of my words were cut off. all I was trying to say was all we here is how good lucic is. one more goal the then vrbara and 6 more points all while playing on the top line. I have watched a ton of kings game this year and he slows that first line down considerably. go on utube find me 10 hits this year you wont cus he hasnt hasn't. in not talking little hits that guys like weber even get credit for. I'm talking the kind of hit a guy making 6 millionj who is supposed to be a physical player type hits,. and before I came on here I watched all his highlights for the last3 years including the antics against the habs including the threat where he said that weise was a dead man and wouldn't shake his hand ya our leaders ie the twins and the staff would never bring a guy with such character over.his game has declined big time in the last 2 and a half seasons if you like him or not u cant deny that.

So that's a yes then. Your posts are extremely difficult to read as they are just one long winded, run on sentence. The grammatical and spelling issues don't help matters much either. 

Fact is, Milan Lucic is on the first line with the Kings because Darryl Sutter sees a fit there for him. The same Daryl Sutter who has won two Stanley Cups with LA.

He still hits like a freight train and willingly defends his teammates at a moments notice. As well, he is a proven playoff player, something that Vrbara, or whatever you call him, is clearly not. 

Youre delusional if you think Benning wouldn't sign Lucic if he was available. Benning tried to get him already, but LA paid more. 

Most likely, LA will resign him, and lose a couple of up and coming players like Toffoli and Pearson. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

WTF is wrong with some of you

"I want LUCIC!!!!"

$6 million cap hit, 30 points this season in 50 games.

But you piss and moan about Vrbata at 22 points in 50 games and a $5 million cap hit  claiming he's useless.

Stay consistent would ya.  Lucic is nothing but a liability with his future contract demands, a 55 point player who is going to demand massive term on his contract at over $6 million a year?  

Some of you are just daft

Yet numerous GMs would gladly pay $6 M for him on July 1st and Darryl Sutter has him on the top line in LA....

Yes Lucic will decline, much like any other hockey player that plays a grinding physical style of hockey. That doesn't discount the clear fact that he still is a very capable player that brings a lot of intangibles that can't be measured by Fenwick or Corsi. Just ask Anze Kopitar or Jeff Carter. 

To focus solely on things he's done that are moronic (and he's done some dumb things) is convenient, but it doesn't represent a balanced argument. 

Comparing him to Vrbata is also kind of pointless. While Vrbata has the ability to snipe with the best of them, he has literally zero to offer outside of that. In a physical game (which hockey can be at times), Vrbata becomes invisible and spends 80% of each shift doing whatever he can to avoid hits. He becomes a ghost, especially in the playoffs when you'd think a veteran player without a Cup ring would come alive. 

Does Lucic disappear in the playoffs? No. 

Personally I'm fine with Benning building this from the ground up and drafting well. However if Lucic were to make it to free agency and Benning signs him, I don't think that would be a bad thing at all. 

43 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Our young guys are going to be flying by that plug.

Just now, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So that's a yes then. Your posts are extremely difficult to read as they are just one long winded, run on sentence. The grammatical and spelling issues don't help matters much either. 

Fact is, Milan Lucic is on the first line with the Kings because Darryl Sutter sees a fit there for him. The same Daryl Sutter who has won two Stanley Cups with LA.

He still hits like a freight train and willingly defends his teammates at a moments notice. As well, he is a proven playoff player, something that Vrbara, or whatever you call him, is clearly not. 

Youre delusional if you think Benning wouldn't sign Lucic if he was available. Benning tried to get him already, but LA paid more. 

Most likely, LA will resign him, and lose a couple of up and coming players like Toffoli and Pearson. 

I understood what he said. What is this? English class? 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

my gammer and spelling issues are fine my last post had zero spelling mistsakes spell check and my own eyes would have pointed them out.. As for the run on sentences my period button sticks and when I do get it to work I get like 20 periods. I know when a period is due and as far as grammar besides using the odd slang please show me where ive made so many spelling mistakes that it is hard for you to read my last post to to you seems more like instead of making valid comments u just pick on someones mistakes that had know effect in the context of the read oh sorry not all of have ms and my hands ten dto be a bit shaky along with the pain meds and other 10 pills I'm on for Chrohns and type 1 diabetes. oh oh I spelled vrbata wronf when my hand sliped and the r hit  my mistake.. I sincerely hope ypu never know what its like to slowly use the lose of ur body amd spend 6 months a year in the hospital The main point is for canucks fans to share rants and opinions. and if  u noticed I apologized the first time and corrected myself. what did u do bashed a sick person even more I hope u feel good about urself 

sorry some of my words were cut off. all I was trying to say was all we here is how good lucic is. one more goal the then vrbara and 6 more points all while playing on the top line. I have watched a ton of kings game this year and he slows that first line down considerably. go on utube find me 10 hits this year you wont cus he hasn't. I'm not   talking little hits that guys like weber even get credit for. I'm talking the kind of hits a guy making 6 millionj who is supposed to be a physical player type hits,. and before I came on here I watched all his highlights for the last3 years including the antics against the habs including the threat where he said that weise was a dead man and wouldn't shake his hand ya our leaders ie the twins and the staff would never bring a guy with such character over.his game has declined big time in the last 2 and a half seasons if you like him or not u cant deny that

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We need to ALL ACCEPT that our new young players are not of the elite level to win a Cup.  Adding older players (Stamkos and Lucic) will not get us a cup with this group.  We need to draft elite skill at the top of these coming drafts, and have those players develop into the next Stamkos and Lucic.  Otherwise we will just finish on the bloody middle of the pack, and draft middle of the pack players, who keep us IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLOODY PACK.  It's a rotten cycle we were on for the first thirty years of our team.  :(

The difference is Stamkos is a game changer and besides #1 we aren't getting a Stamkos

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

WTF is wrong with some of you

"I want LUCIC!!!!"

$6 million cap hit, 30 points this season in 50 games.

But you piss and moan about Vrbata at 22 points in 50 games and a $5 million cap hit  claiming he's useless.

Stay consistent would ya.  Lucic is nothing but a liability with his future contract demands, a 55 point player who is going to demand massive term on his contract at over $6 million a year?  

Some of you are just daft

When not scoring Vrbata is useless though, he's soft in puck battles, below average defensively, does not kill penalties, and floats around aimlessly. 

When not scoring Lucic is engaged in puck battles and plays with an edge something we've lacked since Bertuzzi, Ohlund and Jovanovski days. 

Whether or not Lucic ends up here is up in the air and dependent on what Lombardi does in LA. But I wouldn't be complaining if he ended up here. 

P.S. Comparing Vrbata to Lucic is beyond stupid. 

Archived