The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

HolyToledo! Thread's gettin more snarly than the Lucic-mug!

PhilBlunt-Always a good read, & not the sort who'd kick one who's down. I'd vouch for this orangutan.

BP79- Also sorry to hear of poor health. Take it easy man, & keep contributin'.

Now who wants to sit 'round the fire & sing Kumbaya??

Someone's postin' Lord, Kumbaya

Can't stop roastin' Lord-Kumbayaaa

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

PhilBlunt-Always a good read, & not the sort who'd kick one who's down. I'd vouch for this orangutan.

:lol:  Thanks for the chuckles! Kuuuuuumbaaayaaaa...... s'mores?

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I would honestly not be surprised if he did. And I would not be surprised if he is significantly overpaid in both dollars and term in the process. I don't think what he brings is enough to make him a cornerstone type player contract wise though.

If you laced up and went out on the ice, would you dare say anything to him or any one of his friends?

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No frickin way. The last thing we need is to tie up a ton of cap for too many years on Lucic. At the right dollars and term, sure why not? But not worth overpaying for especially in term. It will haunt the team sooner rather than later if they do. 

Overpaying on D to get a true #1 dman is about the only place I would be ok with it. Maybe if it gets you Stamkos. But good but not exceptional wingers? Worst place to sink long term cap on this team.

On a risk assessment basis only...

I'd rather give Stamkos $11mil than Lucic $7mil on a 7 year deal. 

But I'd rather meter that out on D over the next three years too. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

If you laced up and went out on the ice, would you dare say anything to him or any one of his friends?

I am not even sure what your point is here. I would not be surprised if he was suspended half of his first season in Vancouver if he signed here. Hansen and Edler get suspended for nothing plays. What the hell would Lucic get for the stuff he does if he is playing here? I shudder at the thought. If Benning makes him a 7 mil long term cornerstone of this team we are not going anywhere. We need a much better top end of our D and some more dynamic scoring options far more than we need Lucic at 7 mil per long term. 

48 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

As it had absolutely nothing to do with you and was deleted for the purposes of not furthering a discussion between two other people in a non-related topic to you, perhaps you should just keep your wiseass snotty remarks to yourself, no?

You do seem to have a burr under your saddle about something, though.... a bit of a personal burr, perhaps? Don't like being taken to task over your posts, maybe? Unable to handle someone who doesn't agree with everything you write? Tsk, tsk.

Lucic fan boys stay salty. No point trying to argue with them.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:
1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

When not scoring Vrbata is useless though, he's soft in puck battles, below average defensively, does not kill penalties, and floats around aimlessly. 

When not scoring Lucic is engaged in puck battles and plays with an edge something we've lacked since Bertuzzi, Ohlund and Jovanovski days. 

Whether or not Lucic ends up here is up in the air and dependent on what Lombardi does in LA. But I wouldn't be complaining if he ended up here. 

P.S. Comparing Vrbata to Lucic is beyond stupid. 

Sorry to hear that you are ill. That's horrible.

Those statements made were not done with the knowledge that you were sick, so trying to paint me as someone who lacks compassion for those suffering an illness is reaching at best and erroneous. 

Iis doesn't matter you still said them So what because I'm sick that lets you off the hook. saying I should go on hooked on phonics when besides the periods and slang that everyone uses and the lack of paragraphs which issince space bar currently working about as well as the period  button Before a couple of days ago my last post was 11 months ago One of the first things I did was starting posting again I read some pretty god awful posts wrote a few myself. 

See I was like you everything written like it was gonna be graded and if someone made a mistake I pointed out and the made fun of the every time I got. Then I had a pic line in my upper torso and 5 feet of damaged intestine and could no longer eat solid food but blah blah I spent a year in the hospital  lost some guts literally and  ate through a tube

My point is you made me feel like a handicap for the first time even tho a combo ms   crohns and type1 diabetes is not a long life expectancy. as long as I get to watch my nucks and Jays cuz comeon if you weren't a fan you are now after jose bat flip am I right 

1 hour ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Your . Nice grammar.

Moveslike Datsyuk. Thankyou for sticking up for me. knowing there are people around who will always do the right thing is paramount To get more out of sticking up for someone rather the join in is what got me through the last  year. I found out that it takesmore to to defend a homeless man begging for some food and his 2 poor skinny little dogs. well one of the nurses one the pool they have there 57000 buck she donated 10 ans all of a sudden word got out they found out his life story and in total raised 45000 grand for this guy who was just a normal who got screwed big time by his wife. a vet     took his dogs kept the free of charge he bought  some new clothes rented a place   and washired to work for the company that's redoing the hospital. turns out he was a smart man dow on his luck.. he got his  to jack Russell's back and has paidthe girl back 6 grand instead of cash its all going to the spca. that reminded me rthere is good in everyone you showed that today thanks it really meant a lot  

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

He is actually a complete jackass. And i'd love to punch him in the mouth.Total &^@#ing goof.

Well, he hasn't signed there yet, so there's still hope. We need someone with his toughness, especially in our division. Benning sees the value that Lucic brings, which is why he tried to aquire him in the offseason. Hopefully he signs here in the summer and we get a respectable team again, instead of a team where our stars get run without any fear.

I'll be the first guy to say that I hate Lucic, I really, really, hate him.

But let's be completely honest with ourselves people.

If that big prick was on our team, nobody! and I mean NOBODY would ever waive their fingers or punch a sedin face again. 

As much as I can't stand the guy, I guaranty you he would make a major impact. If Benning was horney over Prust sticking up for the young guys, I imagine he is in pure orgasmal bliss over Lucic. 

If he makes it to UFA, Benning will throw the bank at him. 

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he offered a 8x8 contract to him. 

As stupid as that sounds. 

All in all the best possible outcome is Lucic remaining a King for the remainder of his career and Benning finding a Lucic 2.0 in the draft. 

Archived