The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

Not sure why anyone would be surprises. Would you play in Sunny  LA on a Cup contender or in Rainy Vancouver on a rebuilding team who won't be a contender for the rest of you career? 

Now for Stamkos to make a similar comment and we can put that nonsense to rest as well. 

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yes please. Don't particularly want anything to do with Lucic. Let him be an anchor on the king's cap. 

y es please okposo or boedker or how about jb reaches out to la and points out that to sign lucic it will cost them pearson in the lomg run. I know we crack jokes about the coke and the oxy  found on Richard but   I don't think u can really say the Kings ( not you in particular just some of the comments I read ) planted  drugs on there plasyers just to get rid of them . anyways lets make it a full. fu and poach pearson from the king lol. Also can someone tell me how to gert rid of the red ine under my words instead of  just showing up when there is spelling error it just randomly shows up leaving me unable to spell check.

22 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

I wonder how many threads of Lucic hate it'll take before people actually look at his career stats and realize he's not just an enforcer? Hate him all you want, he's still more productive than the majority of our roster every single year.

No hate here. He said he wants to finish his  career in LA. Good on him. Just hope the Kings pay through the nose cause in  a couple of years when we are getting better they can be hamstrung with a huge contract for a declining player. That is all.

8 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

No hate here. He said he wants to finish his  career in LA. Good on him. Just hope the Kings pay through the nose cause in  a couple of years when we are getting better they can be hamstrung with a huge contract for a declining player. That is all.

Like we've never seen what you describe.

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

would you really pay 6 mill a year for a big guy who cannot even get 20 goals on one of the best teams in the league?

Uh... We got a guy( playing with 2 of the hottest guys in our division now) making 5 who has less points and goals I would gladly trade him for. And he has 12 with 30+ games remaining so I d say his pace is set for about 22g and 30a.. 50 point guy seems to me to be worth 6mill these days. When yah open your eyes and look around a bit. 

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except that unlike Vrbata when Lucic isn't scoring he isn't utterly useless so there's that.

A guy getting paid that much, is there mostly to score points you have to agree with that. otherwise sighn a guy lie raffi I'm not being facetious or tying to be a clown in anyway I'm just saying for what he is getting paid he isn't exactly lighting up the lamp. a trend that has continued for over 2 years now. The only time u about him making a hit is when its do out of malice and not in the rules of the game I have watched quite a few king games this year and he has yet to impress me on a regular level. my only point with vrbata is all we is how terrible his offensive numbers have been. yet all yuou here is good lucic ic like I said 6 points difference and lucic hasn't done squat as for the physical side of thing. unless u count missing his target by 2 feet and nailing a ref instead before you shoot me down please go watch his highlight package from 2010/20 11 thego watch the last 2 and a half years including wherethe little baby refused to shake weise hand. even tho he is the one who threatened to  end weise career. yet there was weise out hand extended. and vrbata is not the kind of player for that line he was brought in to play with the twins gor goodness sake at  least do it to improve his trade value. it sure make a lot of sense u want top return for this guy yet set him up to fail blows my mind

WTF is wrong with some of you

"I want LUCIC!!!!"

$6 million cap hit, 30 points this season in 50 games.

But you piss and moan about Vrbata at 22 points in 50 games and a $5 million cap hit  claiming he's useless.

Stay consistent would ya.  Lucic is nothing but a liability with his future contract demands, a 55 point player who is going to demand massive term on his contract at over $6 million a year?  

Some of you are just daft

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Uh... We got a guy( playing with 2 of the hottest guys in our division now) making 5 who has less points and goals I would gladly trade him for. And he has 12 with 30+ games remaining so I d say his pace is set for about 22g and 30a.. 50 point guy seems to me to be worth 6mill these days. When yah open your eyes and look around a bit. 

Exactly

We have Vrbata at 22 points making 5 million who people cannot wait to jettison (who is not playing with the twins by and large lately)

Vs

Lucic who people are lubing themselves up for at 30 points who will want a long term contract at well over $6 million.

Hmmmmm, yes...open your eyes

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/lucics-plan-is-to-remain-a-king-for-remainder-of-career/

Well damn us if this is true.

Finally had a realistic chance at Lucic with him expressing his desire to come back home but I don't blame him. Was surprised he still wanted to come back even after being traded to LA but now he seems to have settled in. It's close enough to home being in the Pacific and arguably the best city you could play for. 

...just a matter if the Kings can afford to pay him and somehow remain under the cap. I know people have mixed feelings about the Canucks signing Lucic but I am all for it. If it happens to be he stays in LA, wouldn't be the end of the world and I guess we could pursue another forward, say like Okposo..

Good for him. I'm tired of hearing his name to be honest. He doesn't belong here. End of story for me anyways 

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

"I want LUCIC!!!!"

But you piss and moan about Vrbata at 22 points in 50 games and a $5 million cap hit  claiming he's useless.

Stay consistent would ya.  Lucic is nothing but a liability with his future contract demands, a 55 point player who is going to demand massive term on his contract at over $6 million a year?  

Vrbata is useless. Hes not doing anything if he isn't scoring 

2 hours ago, bp79 said:

Its funny to me how ypu people think he is the second coming of Christ. When he has less goals then vrbara who me included all rip. has 6 more points the vrbata playing on a top line that is one of the best in the  league  and show me one clip except the one he missed and punched out a rerf. The guy is washed up and will be one of those signings we look back and say wtf were the kings or any team thinking. he also has 3 more goals then mcann who plays on the 4th line and shows just as much grit

Do you blindfold yourself before you post?

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

"I want LUCIC!!!!"

As much as I'm against signing Lucic, the points he puts up are worth 6 million in today's NHL so that isn't a very good argument.

Archived