The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Burrows willing to waive no trade

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I'm calling BS. Says who? And the Cnd $ sucking won't even come close to an explanation.

Again, the few $M he might see IF we even make the playoffs is nothing to him. A drop in the bucket. 

If he was strapped for cash it would be full on fire sale time in Vancity. 

So please explain this need for him to get to the playoffs, when every top hockey mind contradicts that notion?

25 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Valid point but it was a swap for Horton who will most likely never play again.

Edit: I just checked, he is actually officially retired too.

I know this is kind of a moot point, obviously... but can you imagine how much a Nathan Horton would help that team rn?

Burrows is a competitor. And this team is not in competition. I hope for him, that he gets his wish, and moved to a contender at this deadline.

Burrows is my favorite player on this team, and its tough to say we should move him. But some times you have to cheer for the best outcome for your team.

52 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

4.5M for a 10 goal scorer and PKer is a rip off. Any team could just play an AHL kid and get that sort of value. Our only selling point may be that Burrows is (was) a playoff performer.

3rd rounder at best.

If that is what the market bears?

Me personally, I keep Burrows.  I trade Miller. He's even been playing great the last 2 months. $6.5 (is that the amount? ) mill to improve our D...

And give Markstrom Demko the reins.

Just now, Canuck Surfer said:

Me personally, I keep Burrows.  I trade Miller. He's even been playing great the last 2 months. $6.5 (is that the amount? ) mill to improve our D...

I think Markstrom deserves at least a 41:41 split next season, but I wouldn't want to break Demko too soon. He's arguably the best young goalie in the world, lets groom him properly with at least 1 or 2 seasons in the AHL first.

Miller's been looking good this season and is unlucky with how badly the team plays in front of him but for whatever reason Markstrom's numbers are polar opposites in terms of save %, GAA and wins. I think we need to see more of Markstrom for the rest of the season now (a 60-40% split in Markstrom's favour) to get him ready to become a starter as early as next season if not the year following.

In the ideal world:

Rest of the year: Markstrom plays 60%, Miller 40%

2016-2017: Markstrom plays 41-50 games, Miller plays 30-41 games (Demko plays half the Utica games)

2017-2018: Markstrom plays 60-70 games (ideally 60), UFA plays 20 games (Demko plays 70 of Utica's games)

2018-2019: Markstrom plays 50-60 games, Demko plays 20-30 games

2019-2020: Both goalies split time unless one is a star and runs with the ball

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

According to General Fanager, Miller is at $6M for one more season after this.

He has a 5 team modified NTC

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Markstrom deserves at least a 41:41 split next season, but I wouldn't want to break Demko too soon. He's arguably the best young goalie in the world, lets groom him properly with at least 1 or 2 seasons in the AHL first.

Miller's been looking good this season and is unlucky with how badly the team plays in front of him but for whatever reason Markstrom's numbers are polar opposites in terms of save %, GAA and wins. I think we need to see more of Markstrom for the rest of the season now (a 60-40% split in Markstrom's favour) to get him ready to become a starter as early as next season if not the year following.

In the ideal world:

Rest of the year: Markstrom plays 60%, Miller 40%

2016-2017: Markstrom plays 41-50 games, Miller plays 30-41 games (Demko plays half the Utica games)

2017-2018: Markstrom plays 60-70 games (ideally 60), UFA plays 20 games (Demko plays 70 of Utica's games)

2018-2019: Markstrom plays 50-60 games, Demko plays 20-30 games

2019-2020: Both goalies split time unless one is a star and runs with the ball

Demko says thanks but no thanks to AHL does one more College year, becomes a UFA, goes the Schultz route and signs with someone else.

7 hours ago, MayRayDown said:

I thought Elliotte was better than the rest of the bad media and was above stirring up the pot like Dreger/botch.

This speculation on how the owners and Burr being on board to leave if asked is tarnishing is image imo. he should stick to reporting facts

He probably knows what is going on inside the org more than any fan on this site. Elliotte is very very credible and doesn't put out b.s. without having good sources.

Archived