The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

Johnny Torts

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Shink's goal celebrations are EXACTLY like Pavel's.  

So that's why he's so popular here ;)    Sorry but I see Shink in the same light as Jordan Shroeder and Cody Hodgson,. Kids that have great minor league game but can't quite crack the pro level... Sometimes it's about priming in age.  Some kids prime early, some late, some lose it , cause others get better later and out perform them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

So that's why he's so popular here ;)    Sorry but I see Shink in the same light as Jordan Shroeder and Cody Hodgson,. Kids that have great minor league game but can't quite crack the pro level... Sometimes it's about priming in age.  Some kids prime early, some late, some lose it , cause others get better later and out perform them.

Yup those three certainly seemed to mature ahead of their peer groups.  I like your term, " priming age".  I'm going to take it.  :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

It sucks that this kid is so completely undeserving of this kind of hate. 

I am routing for this kid extra, in spite of this crap on CDC. 

Ya I totally agree. Haters are shining hard right now. Give the guy a chance. He's definitely not Vey, he plays a solid 2 way game, great american league numbers, older, bigger. Shink was flashy in juniors and down in Utica but I dont see it translating as much as the homerism in me wanted to. How many flashy undersized wingers are in the NHL and actually impact scorers? I can think of maybe 2 or 3 off the top of my head.

Also this is a great opportunity for McCann to get top line minutes down in Utes and develop into the player the nucks need in a couple years. Benning has a plan, lets just sit back and see what happens next instead of complaining. I love Shink and wish the hometown Calgary boy the best. As for Markus, welcome, my dude.

• Upvote 2

I can see him getting converted to wing imo, it is easier to go from C to wing than wing to C.

At first I was extremely pissed off but the younger Grandlund has better numbers and size than I thought,

-1 1/2 years older than Shinkaruk with 2 more years of pro experience.

-46 points in 52 games in first AHL Season

28 points over 86 NHL games not amazing NHL numbers but I'm sure the quality of line mates was not exactly that great.

this leads me to believe one of our centers is being included in a package for a more dynamic winger or d prospect.

I would say Drouin but he just does not seem like a benning guy to me

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, logic said:

I can see him getting converted to wing imo, it is easier to go from C to wing than wing to C.

At first I was extremely pissed off but the younger Grandlund has better numbers and size than I thought,

-1 1/2 years older than Shinkaruk with 2 more years of pro experience.

-46 points in 52 games in first AHL Season

28 points over 86 NHL games not amazing NHL numbers but I'm sure the quality of line mates was not exactly that great.

this leads me to believe one of our centers is being included in a package for a more dynamic winger or d prospect.

I would say Drouin but he just does not seem like a benning guy to me

Please be Vey

• Upvote 1

Not that I'm crazy about the trade, but never been a fan of Hunter and think he's being pretty heavily overvalued here. Put him 10 feet or closer to the net with the puck on his stick on a PP and he's a decent threat, in all other situations...absolutely useless.

That said, another small center that doesn't really do anything well?? I guess we really know what JB thought of Hunter, apparently the rest of the GM's feel the same way.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

If even but for one reason -- Granlund has actually made the NHL because he has NHL game.  Shinkaruk right now does not.

Shinkaruk was drafted 2 years after Granlund.

Do you think Granlund had an NHL game 2 years ago?