The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

Johnny Torts

“He’s a player who has an undervalued skill set which is going to come out in the next year,” Vancouver GM Jim Benning said.

“Off the ice, in the weight room, he’s a really strong kid. The thing we’re going to work on with him this summer is his first-step quickness, getting him the power to get up to speed as fast as he can.”

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

“He’s a player who has an undervalued skill set which is going to come out in the next year,” Vancouver GM Jim Benning said.

“Off the ice, in the weight room, he’s a really strong kid. The thing we’re going to work on with him this summer is his first-step quickness, getting him the power to get up to speed as fast as he can.”

Why, whyyyy did I have to run out of likes! :angry:

On 4/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, thad said:

Jim's a freakin boss. If people don't want to aknowledge his vision, I don't care. I love the way he's filling out this team. Targeting the player strengths he wants and getting right on what they need to work on... Boom you have a Baertschi... Boom you have a Granlund. 

Boom you have a Vey... Boom you have a Clendening... Boom.

It's not all roses, and there's no guarantee an offseason with Granlund on the right program does the trick.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

It's not all roses, and there's no guarantee an offseason with Granlund on the right program does the trick.

I think Vey is a solid player just needs to work on a few things and can become a 30pt player..

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

that's true. it isn't all roses. but every GM in the league has made a mistake of some sort. they're human after all. Benning for all his mistakes. has made calculated risks I think. not every one of his moves has turned out. but at least he's been more active than some of the other GM's we've had in the past on trying to improve this team. I remember the days of Nonis. and it wasn't pretty. drafting and developing. we missed a lot of opportunities. I feel a lot better in that area of drafting and developing now than I did before. but I also agree that this summer may be Benning's defining moment here in Vancouver as a GM. what kind of legacy he leaves behind eventually. I think will be what kind of player he takes at this draft year. next years draft will also be good. but not this good. 

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Vey was outplaying Mccann in the last quarter of the year.. But that's all you can ask for really. Your going to strike out on a few of them but some of them are going to help shape the supporting cast of our future core. If I knew Baertschi was going to take off like he did at the end of this year, I'd have thrown Gaunce in the deal to get him.

13 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I don't know but I do see something special in Granlund than I ever did with Vey or Clendening. He's already more of a complete player than vey at the age of 22. I also think his ability to distribute the puck is at an elite level. All he needs to do is get faster and he would be a fourth or third liner with upside.

Edited by hockeyking
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hockeyking said:

I don't know but I do see something special in Granlund than I ever did with Vey or Clendening. He's already more of a complete player than vey at the age of 22. I also think his ability to distribute the puck is at an elite level. All he needs to do is get faster and he would be a fourth or third liner with upside.

Distribute at elite level? I want to see that from him next season

11 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Tommi Seppälä @TommiSeppala 55m55 minutes ago

Markus Granlund didn't make the Finnish national team for the worlds. #Canucks

Didn't Mikael make it, though? Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

I ain't even mad though. Now he can take a short vacation and follow up soon after with putting on some weight and building strength for next season. Onward and upward, etc.

44 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Didn't Mikael make it, though? Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

I ain't even mad though. Now he can take a short vacation and follow up soon after with putting on some weight and building strength for next season. Onward and upward, etc.

that just shows you how bad he really is, haha what a freaking jokee. Im pissed off at reading this, the guy is so bad that he can't even make team FINLAND wow. 

also remind me again why we traded our highly skilled forward for this guy>?

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

5 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

that just shows you how bad he really is, haha what a freaking jokee. Im pissed off at reading this, the guy is so bad that he can't even make team FINLAND wow.

You have some of the worst posts on CDC, imo. Have you even looked at Finland's roster for this tourney? Do you have any idea of the accomplishments of Finnish hockey?

Do you realize the population of that country is no more than 6 million people? Did you know that per capita they have more players in the NHL than Canada?

If this site had a "vote somebody off the island" option, you would be very, very close to my first vote.

27 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Them's fightin' words. 

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

You have some of the worst posts on CDC, imo. Have you even looked at Finland's roster for this tourney? Do you have any idea of the accomplishments of Finnish hockey?

Do you realize the population of that country is no more than 6 million people? Did you know that per capita they have more players in the NHL than Canada?

If this site had a "vote somebody off the island" option, you would be very, very close to my first vote.

watching Granlund play against the big boys just showed me how bad he really is. The guy has bad hockey iq and horrible just horrible strength. If he couldn't make team finland that should show us something as fans, which is cleary Calgary fleeced Benning in a trade that shouldn't have been made.

Granlund couldn't even make the 4th line, or even be a extra obviously finlands coaching saw something bad in Granlund's game, which is he can't win a board battle and is weak on the puck overall. Has zero skill other then a shot that he barely can use because guess what he doesn't have hockey iq. 

Granlund might be a good person but hockey related he is just bad, just watch him next year- horrible trade.