The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have interest in signing 20 year old Dryden Hunt

22 minutes ago, Baer. said:

He was only a little over .5 PPG in his first season. His issue is foot speed.

Please inform yourself more before calling out Benning.

I was followed him he had a tough first half making the adjustment but his second half and this season he's been good. Sorry I squed the numbers by .25ppg. fox was also good in the preseason . I'm glad you ran to google and did some stat checking I wouldn't expect any less from Benning fan boys. Blindly following into the abyss.

19 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I think Grenier and Kenins are in the same situation.  I'm thinking they wont resign either, my belief is this will be the results of gifted roster spots

I am expecting a rotation of prospects from Utica after the TDL. If Kenins isn't moved he comes up and for sure Grenier will. Both have to have a look because of age and contract.

8 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

HAHAHA stop Benning just stop, but why don't we give Dane Fox a freaking chance already, the kid has done what he was asked to do, eg improve his skating.

Fox has the same production as Shinkaruk ...in the ECHL.  Benning couldn't get rid of Shinkaruk fast enough, do you really think he'll give Fox a chance?

10 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

right..we already have this guy in Dane Fox playing in the ECHL...but he is a Gillis signing.

6' ..185lbs  67gps...64g  43a...107 p   in his overage year,

I may be wrong, but I don't think Fox gets qualified this summer. He's 22 now, and still hasn't been able to play himself off of an ECHL team and onto and AHL team. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign another overager, but I don't think Fox has made enough progress to stay in our system.

10 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Learned what? That it absolutely hurts an organization to sign a free prospect at no cost? Lol. 

And Fox has been doing great in the ECHL. Only reason he's not in Utica is because they have so much depth at forward especially the wings. So they sent him down for him to get regular minutes.

The Comets recently were short-handed because of injuries in Vancouver and Utica.  They signed forwards Mike Pereira, Brandon Marino and John Kurtz to protessional tryout contracts rather than bother giving Fox a look in the AHL.  All three have now been released from those pto contracts with the assignment of Higgins, Prust and Friesen, but for a time there was lots of room for a forward with the Comets.

Fox has been scoring in Kalamazoo but if the Canucks had interest in him it seems to me there was plenty of room for him in Utica. 

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think Fox gets qualified this summer. He's 22 now, and still hasn't been able to play himself off of an ECHL team and onto and AHL team. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign another overager, but I don't think Fox has made enough progress to stay in our system.

Nice thing about Utica is that they can sign a AHL contract with him if they want to keep him in the system. Biega did that last year.

2 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

every kid whose played rep hockey or junior knows how it feels to not get a fair shake even if your better than others on the team. 

kids parents that are in the CLICKS get the opps where the ones that aren't don't.   makes you want to play elsewhere, and this is rampant in hockey all the way to the nhl.   example notice who goes to the London knights every year?????    nhl players sons, where they get the ice time , deserved or not. 

I know this for a fact as the last time I ever played hockey in junior B was a result of that  and was cut for a son of an entitled kid with no skill, just the right parents  told them to f it and threw my gear at them and never looked back lol 

How old are you? Wanna play on my beer league team? :P

15 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

I always love how 5"11 is small to a lot fans, but 6"0 is considered good size to a lot of fans. lol

It's the same principle as how 100.00 looks to be more than 99.99. However in sports, a 1" reach advantage can make or break a play.

6 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree with you..cant see it happening.

I know this kid personally tried getting details out of him wouldn't say anything but his mom says Minnesota is the most Intrested team and that Montreal offered him a try out for ahl team for what that's worth to some of you, I'm digging from friends that are closer to him than I am for none the less I'm excited for him! And he is in no rush to sign apparently waiting to see what else may come his way 

Archived