The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oilers Hall, Eberle, RNH could be traded ahead of draft

Bobby_Lu1ngo

9 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Draisitle is untouchable ?

Unless a true #1 defenseman is coming back, you keep the guy that is on pace for 67 points this season at age 20.

Not to mention he is a center with size. The perfect complement to McDavid on the 2nd line.

Just now, Jägermeister said:

I think a lot of CDC folk are letting their fond memories of Eberle in the WJC cloud their judgement.

Hall is a superior player in just about every single way when compared to Eberle.

Which means that he garners a significantly better return if traded...Not only better than Eberle, but far better than Nuge or Yak, as well.

36 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I am starting to question this, I have heard on quite a few occasions that he is extremely immature. I have heard the entire core group is. Texting, joking, pounding music after a 7-1 loss, stuff like that. 

He is the "usher" of the new core, and I think he is the start of this rotten culture. A guy like Hall needs to be surrounded by vets. 

Almost like the core is a bunch of kids in their late teens and early 20s?

16 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Almost like the core is a bunch of kids in their late teens and early 20s?

What is hall going to teach McDavid about winning at the NHL level for example? 

They are all bred losers. I don't know how you break that trend. If I was drafted by the Oilers this summer I would seriously consider not reporting. Who wants to be a loser? 

I never really saw the fit for Nuge there, and with McDavid/Draisaitl, Nuge doesn't have a place at centre. He's really a 1B type guy but given the opportunity elsewhere I could see him thrive. 

If the Oilers have any sense, they should keep Hall/Eberle as they are premium wingers in this league. RNH/Yak should be the ones moved.  What the Oilers have lacked for years is leadership, a solid defense core and respectable goaltending. Young forwards, they have a surplus. 

If they are really serious about improving, then the only asset they need to trade is Hall. Hall can actually get you Seth Jones type player. The others not so sure.

It could have been Hall for Jones + pick/prospect instead of Johansen for Jones.

4 hours ago, stawns said:

neither is eberle, he's got great chemistry with the McD

Let's be honest, me or you would have chemistry playing on a line with McDavid.

They can afford to lose RNH and Eberle and Yak and they'd still have 2 first lines. They are a stud D man and a good 3rd line centre away from being a tough team to play against. Even with their average goaltending.

Archived