The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Yakupov requested trade out of Edmonton

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's do a blockbuster for kix...

Mtl sends: PK Subban, 2017 2nd

Edm: Nurse, Yakupov, Eberle

Either team gives their 2018 2nd, if they advance farther than the other(2017 season).

The cap works too.

I'm not sure Edmonton would be interested in a trade like that. Nurse could be the real deal.

What I'm thinking is Nail Yakupov, Dillon Simpson, 3rd round pick for Nathan Beaulieu. Edmonton might even be able to get away with keeping the pick if Yak heats up.

Yakupov adds scoring help in a system that might suit him better. Simpson finally gets his shot at the NHL next season and they also get a high 3rd rounder.

Edmonton gets a quality defenseman to round out their top 4.

I feel bad for Yak.

H was given the Russian label (and all its "perks") pre-draft year and despite numerous reports of him being a hard-worker in practice, constantly re-affirming his commitment to the team/NHL, etc, nothing seems to have gone right for him.  Eakins did a number on this guy.

I think Baer's trade idea makes sense though.  If not that, I could see Buffalo sending one of their many RHDs in exchange for Yakupov.  Tim Murray loves his enigmatic players.

6 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Great. Yet another reason Hamonic won't come here.

If Hamonic's reason for putting in a trade request is to be closer to his family in Winnipeg, what makes you think that he's even considering moving to Vancouver? 

He's been playing on a team with a forward group filled with young stars in similar situations as him. And he's been what, like a 3rd liner? I don't see how he could be worth much at this point, his ability to adapt sucks, his defence sucks, and his attitude at times sucks. I don't see this guy as being a consistent 25+ goal scorer at all in the future, and if he isn't in a top 6 role, he isn't worth it.

9 hours ago, Yotes said:

i would take him in a canuck uniform. Has the skill, speed we could use. Problem is not sure if they trade him to us, or what they would want as the return. 

Wouldn't go near him, the guy skates with blinders on. They had a clip of him on HNIC about a week ago dangling around the o-zone and had 3 different mates open in the slot and ignored them and proceeded to blast the puck off a d-man into the stands. Guy has iq of a brick as well as being clueless in his own end.

10 hours ago, guntrix said:

If Hamonic's reason for putting in a trade request is to be closer to his family in Winnipeg, what makes you think that he's even considering moving to Vancouver? 

The fact that there are about 5 trips to Winnipeg a day at the airport

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

The fact that there are about 5 trips to Winnipeg a day at the airport

Yeah, and Vancouver-Winnipeg flights are typically direct and take about 2 hours 45 minutes (with benefit of the jet stream). New York-Winnipeg flights usually involve one stop and a total travel time of around six hours. Plus the difference between flying domestic versus international (and needing to clear customs).

As far as actual travel time and ease of movement, Vancouver is a lot "closer" to Winnipeg (even though New York is actually closer geographically).

12 hours ago, playboi19 said:

Biggest 1st overall busts:

1)Stefan

2)Yakupov

3)Daigle

I don't like to add Stefan to this list strictly because Burke made a deal on the condition that Atlanta picks Stefan first. Gotta think that if this doesn't happen, Daniel is picked in that position.

The Oilers really blew it in 2012 by not trading the 1st OA for a defenseman, there were loads to choose from in that draft. That blunder is still hurting them, and Yakupov becoming something of a bust isn't helping their cause either. I think him and the Oilers need to part ways. He needs to go somewhere where he can hopefully salvage his career. 

Archived