The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks select Logan brown at 5 would you be upset?

cuporbust

Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right forum for this one actually , but I just wanted to get your takes on the rumour the ninth ranked Logan Brown , a big but somewhat underwhelming centre for a top five pick, may be the front runner for our first round pick. 

While hes a good prospect for what he is , my concern is his underwhelming stats , and the way he reminds me of second round pick Shawn Matthias. While Matthias is a useful player , he would not have been a good top five pick , obviously. 

Thoughts ?

Craig Button is a complete idiot and there's no way Benning will pick Logan Brown. Brown is going to end up being a Brian Boyle in this league. A useful player but not someone you draft 5th overall. It's Doubois or Tkachuk. 

Never trust the Mayor of Whoville 

image.jpeg

I wouldn't be upset in the least. It seems every draft year there are players people know about, but let slide because they have others ranked higher. This could be due to consensus scouting lists, lack of exposure, or something minor like their weight at 18. In recent years, it's been Forsberg (2012), Larkin (2014), Saad (2011), J.T Miller (2011), and even Canucks picks in McCann (2014) and Boeser (2015). All of these players were ranked ahead of where they were taken. They were a known commodity to teams, but for whatever reason they fell. I believe beyond the top 3 in this draft, it's a toss up as to where the next 10-12 land. Guys like Brown, Keller, Jost, and Sergachev could go anywhere in the top 15. They're known commodities, and teams are willing to pass on them for what they perceive as more NHL ready. 

The Button hate isn't entirely fair. He receives praise last year for ranking Boeser 8th, then gets destroyed this year for being more open in his top 10. He's a guy that follows junior hockey closer than anyone on here, he deserves some credit. 

I would honestly be ok with Brown/Jost/Sergachev at 5, in addition to the consensus of Dubois/Tkachuk/Juolevi at that pick. You guys should be more open as well.

I'd probably jump.

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I wouldn't be upset in the least. It seems every draft year there are players people know about, but let slide because they have others ranked higher. This could be due to consensus scouting lists, lack of exposure, or something minor like their weight at 18. In recent years, it's been Forsberg (2012), Larkin (2014), Saad (2011), J.T Miller (2011), and even Canucks picks in McCann (2014) and Boeser (2015). All of these players were ranked ahead of where they were taken. They were a known commodity to teams, but for whatever reason they fell. I believe beyond the top 3 in this draft, it's a toss up as to where the next 10-12 land. Guys like Brown, Keller, Jost, and Sergachev could go anywhere in the top 15. They're known commodities, and teams are willing to pass on them for what they perceive as more NHL ready. 

The Button hate isn't entirely fair. He receives praise last year for ranking Boeser 8th, then gets destroyed this year for being more open in his top 10. He's a guy that follows junior hockey closer than anyone on here, he deserves some credit. 

I would honestly be ok with Brown/Jost/Sergachev at 5, in addition to the consensus of Dubois/Tkachuk/Juolevi at that pick. You guys should be more open as well.

I don't think even apollo would approve of this ;p

I think he's a good player,  I wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks pick him up.  But he's not a guy you take at #5.  If Tkachuk i taken by whoever ends up with the 4th overall, Benning needs to trade down a few spots if he wants either Brown or a defenseman.

20 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Button had Brown at 27 a month ago.

It's a troll job.

23 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Kidding right....Brown will be a good player..no doubt but not at 5.

Archived