5) Dubois

6) Tkachuk

7) Nylander

8) Juolevi

9) Jost

10) Fabbro

11) Chychrun

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/top-100-prospects-2016-nhl-draft/story?id=39091742

Debated putting it in the draft thread but I think it could use its own discussion as that one is dominated by Dubois vs Tkachuk vs defenseman discussion. I thought we could avoid that and discuss Pronman's analysis and choice of rankings.

Sergachev at 17 and McLeod at 20 are bold choices.

Edit: This is also not a mock draft. It's Pronman's opinion on who will end up the best players from this draft.

5 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I can't see Toronto passing up on Matthews for Laine. 1. Matthews 2. Laine 3. Puljujarvi 

You are right but this isn't a mock. Pronman's believes they are comparable talent with Laine being a bit better.

47 minutes ago, Toews said:

Debated putting it in the draft thread ...

But then did it anyway two days ago:

It had some discussion there, but not a lot. Then again, it was largely just a shock value of Laine in first and players like Keller in 4th. Pronman does poll a lot of scouts and see some games (albeit not usually live) but he's certainly not the most accurate of predictors. It's similar to Button in that he does his lists differently than a true mock draft as you said, and more based on skill/potential.

The Oilers don't need another small forward. So I'm questioning if Edmonton buy what Pronman is selling. You have to think that Oilers would be well served....just like the 'Nucks to select a big forward who can play all three forward positions. Dubois can play the game any way you want to play and that's been missing from the Oilers line up ( just like Vcr ) for a long time. Imagine a duo of Draisaitl  and Dubois @ the first and second line centres  :wacko:

17 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

But then did it anyway two days ago:

It had some discussion there, but not a lot. Then again, it was largely just a shock value of Laine in first and players like Keller in 4th. Pronman does poll a lot of scouts and see some games (albeit not usually live) but he's certainly not the most accurate of predictors. It's similar to Button in that he does his lists differently than a true mock draft as you said, and more based on skill/potential.

It was paywalled when I posted that list. Now it isn't, the link has analysis for 100 prospects as well as reasoning for the rankings of the top 10.

There is no "shock value", Button and Pronman make their list based on watching these prospects play. It is entirely their own opinion on which players will end up being better. If you know it isn't a mock draft then you should expect to see certain guys where you wouldn't expect to see them. 

There is legitimate potential for intelligent discourse in this thread. I find your proclivity to question whether the topic is thread worthy to be very irritating. Just report my post and let a mod make the decision. I would prefer my thread getting locked rather get into this tedious argument with you every single time. I don't even know why you continue to persist in policing this forum especially when no one has asked you to do so and nearly everyone looks down upon you for doing it. 

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The Oilers don't need another small forward. So I'm questioning if Edmonton buy what Pronman is selling. You have to think that Oilers would be well served....just like the 'Nucks to select a big forward who can play all three forward positions. Dubois can play the game any way you want to play and that's been missing from the Oilers line up ( just like Vcr ) for a long time. Imagine a duo of Draisaitl  and Dubois @ the first and second line centres  :wacko:

You are correct that the Oilers nor likely any of Western Canada will select Keller. Pronman just thinks that Keller will end up better than many of the guys that get selected ahead of him. This list is not made with any team in mind. So this isn't Pronman advocating for Edmonton drafting Keller, that would be a "mock draft", which this is not.

Does Pronman poll Eklund to get this stuff?  My God!  Matthews is BY FAR the best player in this draft.  He plays the the game the right way, and the full 200 feet - with and WITHOUT the puck.  Puliarvi may be a better player at the NHL level than Laine too.  

A Lot of posters on CDC have better judgement than this Prawn-man.  

7 hours ago, Toews said:

It was paywalled when I posted that list. Now it isn't, the link has analysis for 100 prospects as well as reasoning for the rankings of the top 10.

There is no "shock value", Button and Pronman make their list based on watching these prospects play. It is entirely their own opinion on which players will end up being better. If you know it isn't a mock draft then you should expect to see certain guys where you wouldn't expect to see them. 

There is legitimate potential for intelligent discourse in this thread. I find your proclivity to question whether the topic is thread worthy to be very irritating. Just report my post and let a mod make the decision. I would prefer my thread getting locked rather get into this tedious argument with you every single time. I don't even know why you continue to persist in policing this forum especially when no one has asked you to do so and nearly everyone looks down upon you for doing it. 

Bro, I love words too, but seriously.

Chill with the adjectives.

You sound like a douche.

That said, I agree with the content. Big ups.

8 hours ago, Toews said:

Hey, I offered my opinion on the list - and you're smart enough to have seen when someone posts a list like Button's how they call him an idiot and all that. Sure, I also offered my opinion on you saying you thought about doing one thing but didn't when in fact you actually had, but that's hardly an argument. You can take your own advice (report and let the mods deal with it) if you don't like my post.

11 hours ago, Fred65 said:

you mean mcdavid and draisaitl as 1&2

42 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

you mean mcdavid and draisaitl as 1&2

If the Oilers drafted Dubois...Their centres would be McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH/Dubois,and that's an overkill....This is precisely the reason why the Oilers won't draft Dubois..They will draft Tkachuk, or trade the pick.

Archived