The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign 21 year old Yan-Pavel Laplante

These signings are great for the Canucks! Laplante may not be a top 6 guy in the future, but a former third rounder that can add competition in Utica and provide depth for the big squad is worth having! Who know maybe he will surprise and become a solid Canuck in the future!

21 hours ago, LOL. said:

What's not ok:

• Trolling and posting with intent to provoke other posters

How does one prove intent?  Any post that is contrarian could fall under this definition.  Maybe you're being a bit simplistic? 

20 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

That's 3 years ago and 20 years old or not he scored at a point per game while playing a 2-way role. 7 PK goals. I watched that video a few times now and that speed is his greatest asset. If there was anyone wondering why we drafted JV at #6 in 2014 they don't need to look any farther than that video. JB covets speed and physical play above all else. If we are to ever win the cup, that's exactly what it will take. 

The stars of the league don't decide cups. It's the unsung hero that usually steals the spotlight. Also it's someone else's 3rd round pick that didn't get signed. How could the Coyotes believe that their prospect wasn't good enough for an ELC? They're at 47 contracts so we'll have to see if their player evaluation was off or ours, that gave him a proper contract with bonuses, was right.

Yep, how did Pittsburgh get past Washington?  Team speed.

On 5/17/2016 at 8:16 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

theres no provoking others. It's common sense, think of it Benning has how many project players now

Derek Mackenzie

I thought about it.

There's nothing 'common' about your 'sense.'

On 5/16/2016 at 4:21 PM, k_man08 said:

just watched this fight. This guy looks like a gritty player that needs to get a year trial at AHL level to see how he pans out.

I will reserve judgement til then.

You would think the refs would've intervened sooner especially in a junior or w.e league they're in. Pavel was Rick Rypiening the guy.

This is a good signing and im happy it was made, but i hate the fact that this is the biggest canucks news. Man we are not meant to be a bottom feeding team and I have completely lost the habit of not watching canucks playoff hockey. In retrospect this is a necessary step but I wish we had more to talk about. One brick at a time Before chasing Lord Stanley I guess.... this will be good for competition at training camp and in Utica, I hope Yan-Pavel can make the jump to the NHL one day and I wish him all the best!

GO NUCKS 

19 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

And LaBamba has curiously joined hands with him...

I think this guy is a waste of time, big deal. I don't always agree with absolutely everything management does. 

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I think this guy is a waste of time, big deal. I don't always agree with absolutely everything management does. 

I don't understand.  Look at Utica's team last year- they were absolutely shredded in terms of having depth in their roster. They need to sign guys like Laplante for roster depth, and if he turns out to be a late bloomer how could that not be a good thing for the Nucks? At the very least, he helps the team in Utica, or are you not a Comets fan too?

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I don't understand.  Look at Utica's team last year- they were absolutely shredded in terms of having depth in their roster. They need to sign guys like Laplante for roster depth, and if he turns out to be a late bloomer how could that not be a good thing for the Nucks? At the very least, he helps the team in Utica, or are you not a Comets fan too?

The Utica Comets could have easily signed a player of equal caliber. Even he didn't expect to be signed by an NHL team. Like I said earlier. This type of character player is obtainable by the bus load every July 1st. 

Archived