The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

hes the highest scoring rookie dman, hes a beut. benning should trade for him imo

He also plays on a team that have their D jump up on every rush just for the sake of offence. Just because you watched him yesterday and he had a good game doesnt mean we should go trade for him.

Anyone able to get a gif of the PP goal that Baer appled on?

I dont know how to make a gif like that but the highlight is up on the ahl website, under highlights.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/utica-comets-vs-rockford-icehogs/12089

was a really nice 1 touch pass to conacher in the slot was on and off his stick in a hurry right on the tape beauty pass.

Is it me or does Baertschi have a similar style to that of Radium Vrbata. I haven't seen him play in the ahl but watching this highlight package he seems to play a very similar style.

Great finish, nice passes, and thinks the game real well. Does Baertshi use his speed on breakaways often? I haven't seen any clips of him wheeling and dealing. Looks very promising can't wait to have this kid up playing and learning with Vrbata and the Twins.

Is it me or does Baertschi have a similar style to that of Radium Vrbata. I haven't seen him play in the ahl but watching this highlight package he seems to play a very similar style.

Great finish, nice passes, and thinks the game real well. Does Baertshi use his speed on breakaways often? I haven't seen any clips of him wheeling and dealing. Looks very promising can't wait to have this kid up playing and learning with Vrbata and the Twins.

Absolutley, can't remember in what thread (could have been this one) or when but I remember posting about what a tremendous tutor Vrbata could be for Baertschi. I see a lot of similarities in their game and I think Vrbata will be able to give Sven some pointers to reaching that potential.

Absolutley, can't remember in what thread (could have been this one) or when but I remember posting about what a tremendous tutor Vrbata could be for Baertschi. I see a lot of similarities in their game and I think Vrbata will be able to give Sven some pointers to reaching that potential.

As Trevor keeps saying, JB has a "very clear plan" that he's sticking to, including the transition to the new core over the next 2-3 years.

uhm, none what so ever

If Baertchshi ends up with a good career in the NHL, do you truly think it would have no impact on Treveling's career whatsoever? Keep in mind a GM's actions, big and small, make up his resume.

So yes, it would definately have an impact on Treveling's career.

If Baertchshi ends up with a good career in the NHL, do you truly think it would have no impact on Treveling's career whatsoever? Keep in mind a GM's actions, big and small, make up his resume.

So yes, it would definately have an impact on Treveling's career.

Johnny Gaudreau is basically what they were hoping Baertschi to be. They stole him in yhe 4th round. Basically replaces Sven. Can't have too many small guys on in your lineup.

Baertschi asked for a trade too. So Treveling did fine.

Johnny Gaudreau is basically what they were hoping Baertschi to be. They stole him in yhe 4th round. Basically replaces Sven. Can't have too many small guys on in your lineup.

Baertschi asked for a trade too. So Treveling did fine.

The thing is though, fans in a major hockey market tend to forget those details. Not all of the fans obviously, but some will. We see that kind of thing on CDC all the time.

There's still the question of "was Baertchshi mishandled", etc? There's more than one side to everything and the media pounces on both sides all the time, especially in a Canadian market.