The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

I'm excited for his inevitable call up, it'll be interesting to see him get more than a small window of time to make an impression at the NHL level. I'm not expecting him to blow anyone away but I think he'll surprise some people.

with the deadline over are we allowed to expan our roster? We cant send players down tho can we, waivers is over?

I say this as if we want to give Z grenier and Gaunce a shot will it all be one at a time? give them a few games then thanks go back to utica call up the next player?

He should get a call up beside the end of the year. With Cracknell gone we are one injury away from a call up so I expect Gaunce to be next in line. Unless Green wants to keep him in Utica for the balance of the year in order to not interfere with his development.  

23 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Maybe the only positive to come from today was when Benning mentioned Gaunce and other young players in Utica would get a look

TSN1040 23h23 hours ago

Benning: We're going to play our young players until the end of the year, and call up some kids, like Brendan Gaunce.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Gaunce, Grenier,Kenins, Pedan, Fedun, and hopefully Zalewski and Friesen get another crack.

We are limited in the number of call ups we can make post-TDL, I think it's four, so we won't be calling everyone up. There's an allowance for call ups if we get into injury trouble so as not to use those four though. Benning specifically mentioned Gaunce, Grenier and Zalewski in the interviews I heard, but I'd think Pedan would also be of interest since he's waivers eligible next year. Kenins and Fedun I'm not so sure, same with Friesen, and I think they don't need to rush Subban at this point either.

I really like the way Gaunce is developing and I honestly see a lot of Chris Higgins (in his prime) in his game. He's very good defensively, can play C or LW and can move up and down the lineup. I believe Gaunce will have a few years where he puts up 2nd line production but on a Stanley cup contending team he'll be a very good third liner.

16 hours ago, elvis15 said:

We are limited in the number of call ups we can make post-TDL, I think it's four, so we won't be calling everyone up. There's an allowance for call ups if we get into injury trouble so as not to use those four though. Benning specifically mentioned Gaunce, Grenier and Zalewski in the interviews I heard, but I'd think Pedan would also be of interest since he's waivers eligible next year. Kenins and Fedun I'm not so sure, same with Friesen, and I think they don't need to rush Subban at this point either.

I thought the Laffers had the entire Marlies roster playing for them! :)

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I thought the Laffers had the entire Marlies roster playing for them! :)

Yeah, that's why they brought up 5 right before the TDL  Musta cleaned them out of everything but the AHL contracts.

I think Benning pretty much stated who'd be coming -- Gaunce, Grenier, Zalewski, Pedan -- although with Gaunce on emergency recall perhaps that doesn't count as one of the four?

Would love to see Gaunce staying up with the big club for the rest of the season, and also Pedan. These two most likely makes the squad next season. We need to either buy out some vets, or trade them for whatever we can get. 

But I also agree. We need veteran leadership as well: Sedins are going to be here, no questions. 

- Hamhuis I can see back 

- Vrbata - GONE 

- Hansen returns 

- probably a free-agent signing.