The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CanucksNumOne said:

He's just getting started. I think he's a point per game player at his peak.

He's shown in the past that he can score at above a 30-goal pace and get around 60-65 points. I think Bo might already have reached his offensive ceiling, but maybe he'll continue to blossom in his late 20s even more.

He's definitely struggled this year, but since Boudreau took over, he has 10 points (6 goals) in 13 games, which would pro-rate to 63 points, a very solid total.

• Cheers 1

I do wonder with all the talk focused around the future of Miller, when that starts to shift and focus on Bo's future with this club. 

I don't think he has the stomach to sit through another few years hoping we figure things out, he made it very clear in the summer he hates losing and doesn't want to go through another "rebuild".

I'd love for him to stay, but part of me does wonder what a return would look like for him. This is hard for me to even say considering Bo is my favourite player on the team. 

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I do wonder with all the talk focused around the future of Miller, when that starts to shift and focus on Bo's future with this club. 

I don't think he has the stomach to sit through another few years hoping we figure things out, he made it very clear in the summer he hates losing and doesn't want to go through another "rebuild".

I'd love for him to stay, but part of me does wonder what a return would look like for him. This is hard for me to even say considering Bo is my favourite player on the team. 

I personally think we need to look at trading 3 of BO, JT, BB and EP for different reasons if we ever want to win a Cup.  I know that will put us back a couple years but if done right the amount of assets acquired could make us a real competitor.

3 hours ago, thrago said:

I personally think we need to look at trading 3 of BO, JT, BB and EP for different reasons if we ever want to win a Cup.  I know that will put us back a couple years but if done right the amount of assets acquired could make us a real competitor.

liane cartman randy marsh GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, joe-max said:

liane cartman randy marsh GIF by South Park

The problem with letting it ride is that I believe all of those guys next contracts aren't going to be good for the Canucks by either being paid too much, being paid too much for the term.  Now all those contracts in a bubble might be fare and alright but all 4 of those contracts will sink this teams chances.  We need more Garland type contracts if we are to succeed.  We already can't compete with the top teams and 3 of those guys if not all 4 are gonna be looking for raises. 

5 hours ago, thrago said:

It could also work badly for the team.  Trading 3 of the top players; especially players that were selected in the draft, can affect team chemistry and character.  It also looks like the Nucks are drifting over to the ugly multiple rebuilds of the Oilers.  Those Eberle and Hall trades were not good; especially the Hall exchange.

Pete and Brock have not performed well this year, so would probably not get the contract or a trade return that would be equal to their potential.  JT has performed well and has been consistent the entire time he has played in Vancouver. JT and Bo have proven to be chapter guys on the team, but a trade could end up changing the team too drastically. 

It's a tough decision that will take some serious thought.  I sure wouldn't want to make the decision.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:36 AM, thrago said:

While I get where you're coming from, what I don't get is how are we ever gonna win a cup if we keep selling off all our best players?  What do we sell them for?  Picks?  WE JUST DID THAT FOR 7 &^@#ING YEARS!!!  So then 7 years from now we're gonna be in the same situation where we're gonna be like "Oh yeah let's sell all our great players again".  You people seriously must be closet Coyotes fans because they've been doing this since inception.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

While I get where you're coming from, what I don't get is how are we ever gonna win a cup if we keep selling off all our best players?  What do we sell them for?  Picks?  WE JUST DID THAT FOR 7 &^@#ING YEARS!!!  So then 7 years from now we're gonna be in the same situation where we're gonna be like "Oh yeah let's sell all our great players again".  You people seriously must be closet Coyotes fans because they've been doing this since inception.

Well I'm not saying we trade everybody for draft picks if that's what your thinking.  BTW when have we ever done that (bolded part)? We usually let everyone retire Canucks. 

So for example we could do the NYR trade for Schnieder that Othmann kid and maybe a draft pick of some sort for Miller which seems reasonable.  Something similar with Brock but probably a lesser return and again for Horvat or maybe just the two is enough.  That gets us out of Cap hell gets us 3-4 Players ready to play now or next year plus a few picks.  The problem is Miller, BB and Bo aren't likely to get better over the next few years much anyways or could get worse and all of them are going to get raises meaning the team we have now is pretty much what we will have and guess what?  It's not good enough to compete for the Cup.  So unless we want to stay like this for another 10 years just making the playoffs we need to do something and This gets us right back on our Feet similar to how NYR did it. I know the last 7 years sucked but 2 more wont kill us. 

So think more along the lines of the Linden for Bertuzzi, McCabe plus trade and less about PHX trade everyone for a 1st.

Edited by thrago
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thrago said:

Well I'm not saying we trade everybody for draft picks if that's what your thinking.  BTW when have we ever done that (bolded part)? We usually let everyone retire Canucks. 

So for example we could do the NYR trade for Schnieder that Othmann kid and maybe a draft pick of some sort for Miller which seems reasonable.  Something similar with Brock but probably a lesser return and again for Horvat or maybe just the two is enough.  That gets us out of Cap hell gets us 3-4 Players ready to play now or next year plus a few picks.  The problem is Miller, BB and Bo aren't likely to get better over the next few years much anyways or could get worse and all of them are going to get raises meaning the team we have now is pretty much what we will have and guess what?  It's not good enough to compete for the Cup.  So unless we want to stay like this for another 10 years just making the playoffs we need to do something and This gets us right back on our Feet similar to how NYR did it. I know the last 7 years sucked but 2 more wont kill us. 

So think more along the lines of the Linden for Bertuzzi, McCabe plus trade and less about PHX trade everyone for a 1st.

Get rid of 3 of Miller, Bo, BB, and Petey...that is literally our entire team present and future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Get rid of 3 of Miller, Bo, BB, and Petey...that is literally our entire team present and future.

Fans were asked to be patient during the JB regime, tell me how much longer. Fans, especially those that buy STH are getting fraid and tired of the same speech over and over. You start moving the best playerss and you are likely trading away your fan base too

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Fans were asked to be patient during the JB regime, tell me how much longer. Fans, especially those that buy STH are getting fraid and tired of the same speech over and over. You start moving the best playerss and you are likely trading away your fan base too

Well that's pretty much how the competitive teams stay competitive,  they pick a few guys to go with then trade players off that get to expensive or too old so that they can keep getting fresh young cheap blood in the system.  I'm not suggesting we trade these guys all on the same day or anything but over the next 2 years.  We need to always have young good players that are cheap on the roster and a good pool of prospects ready to come up.   

So alternately lets say we keep all those guys give them their raises, how do we fill all the wholes in the lineup to catch up to the FLO, TAMP, COL, NYR and CAR of the league?  We have nothing in the system that's going to make us much or any better.  How do we build the team?

Are you suggesting we can keep all those guys and fill in the roster through free agency and some how become one of the best teams in the league?  

We Have Bo who will be 28 and a UFA at the end of his contract and will want a raise to stay.

Miller who will be 30 and a UFA at the end and wanting a raise.

BB will only be 25 and a RFA but has he gotten better at all? and he will want a raise too.

We could trade those 3 and get younger cheaper players that will be just as good or close in a couple years and restock the cupboards at the same time.  Basically do what NYR did a couple years ago. It could all be done quick because we have assets that have value, if we lock those 3 guys up they will basically lose most of there value and we will be stuck trying to build around them with no CAP or prospects for the next 5-8 years.  

The next 2 years is going to be big for this team.  I really hope that JR is more like me a fan of the team and not the players, cause being a fan of the players rarely if ever results in success. 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, -AJ- said:

He's shown in the past that he can score at above a 30-goal pace and get around 60-65 points. I think Bo might already have reached his offensive ceiling, but maybe he'll continue to blossom in his late 20s even more.

He's definitely struggled this year, but since Boudreau took over, he has 10 points (6 goals) in 13 games, which would pro-rate to 63 points, a very solid total.

I see Bo as a 60 point player. I say his highest offensive ceiling (career year, I guess) would be 70, maybe, 75 points. But that’s about it. I really don’t see him being a 75 point or above kind of player for this organization or any. 

12 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I think it depends on the returns of players you’re trading out of town, right? Hope always sells, but that depends on the players we’re getting back. if those players aren’t any good, then yeah, pretty dark years (I remember that was the case under the Keenan years). I don’t envy Allvin, Emilie and the rest of the staff. They absolutely need to get this right, or it could set the franchise back years. 

28 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I see Bo as a 60 point player. I say his highest offensive ceiling (career year, I guess) would be 70, maybe, 75 points. But that’s about it. I really don’t see him being a 75 point or above kind of player for this organization or any. 

I'd agree. I can't see him getting much above the 60s in points, but maybe he can crest 70 on a really good line some day.

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'd agree. I can't see him getting much above the 60s in points, but maybe he can crest 70 on a really good line some day.

Yeah. So what’s a 60-65 point player, who is okay defensively, and wins lots of face offs worth? 

I don’t think that’s worth 7M, and I think he knows that, and I think his agent knows that. He’s either getting what he’s getting now, maybe a slight raise. But what is the raise for? Has he earned that, or proven that he’s worth a raise? And if he and his agent thinks so, I’d be curious to know what the metrics of that is. It’s not in the points that’s for sure, especially this season he won’t hit 60 points.