The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/bruins-canucks-can-be-partners-on-a-blockbuster-trade/ar-AA16jxIS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=82155d6e8aab4340baca30c1bc47dea6

"

There are still 49 days remaining until the NHL trade deadline on March 3 at o’clock. The Boston Bruins are setting themselves up for what they hope will be a long postseason one more time with a veteran core seeking to add another Stanley Cup championship to their resume. Right now, they sit on top of the NHL standings with a 32-5-4 record and a league-best 68 points. Despite the historic start to the season, there are going to be additions needed to strengthen the roster.

There are several different paths that general manager (GM) Don Sweeney can go in adding to the roster as a team can never have too much depth for a playoff run. A forward and defenseman would be nice additions to Jim Montgomery’s roster and one team that can provide the Bruins with a forward that can help the in the present and the future is the Vancouver Canucks. Bo Horvat will be the most sought-after player at the deadline and the price will be high. Can the Bruins out-bid other teams? They will have to if they want to acquire him, but if they do, he brings so much to the table for a championship-caliber team."

8 more paragraphs at link.

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/bruins-canucks-can-be-partners-on-a-blockbuster-trade/ar-AA16jxIS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=82155d6e8aab4340baca30c1bc47dea6

"

There are still 49 days remaining until the NHL trade deadline on March 3 at o’clock. The Boston Bruins are setting themselves up for what they hope will be a long postseason one more time with a veteran core seeking to add another Stanley Cup championship to their resume. Right now, they sit on top of the NHL standings with a 32-5-4 record and a league-best 68 points. Despite the historic start to the season, there are going to be additions needed to strengthen the roster.

There are several different paths that general manager (GM) Don Sweeney can go in adding to the roster as a team can never have too much depth for a playoff run. A forward and defenseman would be nice additions to Jim Montgomery’s roster and one team that can provide the Bruins with a forward that can help the in the present and the future is the Vancouver Canucks. Bo Horvat will be the most sought-after player at the deadline and the price will be high. Can the Bruins out-bid other teams? They will have to if they want to acquire him, but if they do, he brings so much to the table for a championship-caliber team."

Wouldn't that be something.

• Cheers 1

Other than Lysell, Bruins don't have much for a trade; especially not for Bo.  The trade suggested in

the article is incredibly bad.  We have better C prospects in Abby than the 2 mentioned in the article

and Craig Smith (33yrs) is just about done with his career.

Tell the Bruins they can have Miller for Lysell and their 1st. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gurn said:

"

I know the author of the article is thinking this is an overpayment: Lysell, Lauko, Beecher, Craig Smith and the 2023 first-round pick for Horvat - but I'm not so sure.

Seems like 'quantity over quality' to me.

There's not a single young RHD in the package and the 1st is surely going to be the last in the round and one could argue it's essentially the equivalent of a high 2nd? 

That package doesn't really interest me.

Lafrenier, Schneider, Othmann for BoHo/Schenn/Rathbone - now that's what I call an overpayment and a deal I'd take in a heartbeat. 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Other than Lysell, Bruins don't have much for a trade; especially not for Bo.  The trade suggested in

the article is incredibly bad.  We have better C prospects in Abby than the 2 mentioned in the article

and Craig Smith (33yrs) is just about done with his career.

Tell the Bruins they can have Miller for Lysell and their 1st. 

They might have to throw in draft picks if they lack prospects to interest us. Even if they're low picks, multiple 1st rounders could start to get pretty enticing.

1. Bo Horvat, C - Vancouver Canucks

While there’s still a chance the Canucks’ management brass wakes up one morning and decides to give Horvat what he wants, the likelihood at the time of this update is that the Canucks will trade him by the deadline. Contract talks haven’t progressed, Horvat rejected the team’s latest 7-year offer in November, and GM Patrik Alvin has been working the lines.

TEAMS REPORTEDLY LINKED:

Colorado, Vegas, Carolina, Seattle, NY Rangers

This is from Fourth Period trade watch list.....I have heard Boston and Carolina are also teams interested..

12 minutes ago, wildcam said:

1. Bo Horvat, C - Vancouver Canucks

While there’s still a chance the Canucks’ management brass wakes up one morning and decides to give Horvat what he wants, the likelihood at the time of this update is that the Canucks will trade him by the deadline. Contract talks haven’t progressed, Horvat rejected the team’s latest 7-year offer in November, and GM Patrik Alvin has been working the lines.

TEAMS REPORTEDLY LINKED:

Colorado, Vegas, Carolina, Seattle, NY Rangers

This is from Fourth Period trade watch list.....I have heard Boston and Carolina are also teams interested..

W3 heard all the same stuff about Miller during the lead up last TDL.  Our owner wants Bo.  Bo will get extended.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

W3 heard all the same stuff about Miller during the lead up last TDL.  Our owner wants Bo.  Bo will get extended.  

Yeah?  How?  You heard JR - they've offered their best but Bo wants more.  Moves have to be made, and the simplest one is to sell him away at full value.  Otherwise, we have to make room, which is a much harder and more complicated path.

Thing is -re-signing Bo would be a complete mixed bag.

Guy is a heck of a hockey player, but if he is re- signed- others MUST GO.

We need defense men.

And a couple of centers-especially if Bo leaves.

Team has some good parts, that don't fit well together. Bringing back the same parts, is not really helpful.

7 hours ago, Muttley said:

Last night could easily be Bo's last game with Vancouver. He has been a class act his entire time here. His season this year will mean a big contract increase. He likely ends up with a contending CUP team. Whatever happens I wish him and his family the absolute best. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Last night could easily be Bo's last game with Vancouver. He has been a class act his entire time here. His season this year will mean a big contract increase. He likely ends up with a contending CUP team. Whatever happens I wish him and his family the absolute best. 

It looked like he was crying last night on the ice immediately after the game ended. I'm wondering if Allvin told him he was close on a trade and that Bo realized it was probably his last game.

30 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

It looked like he was crying last night on the ice immediately after the game ended. I'm wondering if Allvin told him he was close on a trade and that Bo realized it was probably his last game.

Ya, he looked pretty emotional. Allvin restated again yesterday that he thought they had offered Bo a fair deal. Bo must know that if he want s to stay it will be on Allvin's basis. If he did accept Allvin's offer would it mean Miller would be going? If I have to pick between the two I take Bo and trade Miller. Bo is almost 3 years younger.