The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

32 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

What prospect do we have that's ready to play better than him now? I am not worried about his pay although I think his term is too long.

Beagle plays some very hard minutes that none of our young guys are really ready for.  Your right for sure.  Maybe these elite PK, face-off, and fourth line checkers (like Beagle is) takes extra experience to be really good?  I heard on the radio up here (650) Alex Auld say there were upwards of 15 teams talking to Beagle last summer.  

Plus, he’s got a cool name, and I like Snoopy.  

99CEA4FB-6B89-48B3-85B6-173745FEA5F6.jpeg

• Like 2

This idiot was supposed to come back and help the team. Yet he just gives some chat about how it was just unlucky that EP gets mugged and injured???

I expected more from this guy. Much more. I wanted him to be a part of this team. But his cowardly pathetic speech tonight and lack of action for EP getting injured makes me want him gone like lots of Canucks fans already do.

His uncle must be disgusted by his pathetic cowardly lack of action.

Trade this idiot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i personally agree with him. things happen in hockey. it was unfortunate he got injured, but if the same thing happened to someone else, no one would complain so loud. i know, now you'll call me an idiot, but the truth is, we are all idiots to someone. green said the same thing sutter did. we can't wrap him in bubble wrap. 

Fair enough. I was so pissed about EP getting mugged again that I over reacted. I apologize.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

My hope is that Sutter gets traded at the TDL and they bring up Gaudette, for good. I was a big fan of Sutter, but his nonchalant comments about the play that injured Pettersson just didn't sit right with me. This is their superstar rookie player, how he goes, so do the Canucks. Sutter didn't seem to care less. And he's wearing an "A".

I think Canucks fans cherish the players more than the players themselves, and management. I wonder what MTL would do if Bennett, for example, attacked Kotkaniemi from behind and injured him. I'm sure Claude Julien would be fine too, right? Right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Fair enough. I was so pissed about EP getting mugged again that I over reacted. I apologize.

I agree Joe. My only comment would be that no matter what the Canucks should have upped their physical game after Petey left the game. It does not make any dif whether he instigated the play or whether it was a accident. What the league has to know is that there is push back when the Canuck franchise player is injured. A heavy response is more about the next game or next couple of years. EP40 will always be a target the Canucks simply have to reduce the willingness to engage. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I agree Joe. My only comment would be that no matter what the Canucks should have upped their physical game after Petey left the game. It does not make any dif whether he instigated the play or whether it was a accident. What the league has to know is that there is push back when the Canuck franchise player is injured. A heavy response is more about the next game or next couple of years. EP40 will always be a target the Canucks simply have to reduce the willingness to engage. 

They should have but unfortunately the Canucks don't jave anyone on the team who play like jerks.

3 hours ago, smokes said:

They should have but unfortunately the Canucks don't jave anyone on the team who play like jerks.

Not about being jerks it is about setting a bar that Canucks will not tolerate being crossed. IMHO there is a culture in the Canuck org that does not want to go to a more aggressive physical approach. It is understandable because it can cost games. IMO the timeline supports this change as the development works towards serious CUP contention. Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa, Torres and a lessor extent Kesler were 2010/11 players with serious pushback. Until the Canucks have more of this they might do well in league play but will quickly fold in serious CUP play. Elite players like EP40 and BB will always be targets, more so in playoffs, unless there is a culture that can push back their skills will not be used to the maximum. Simple as that.  

Sutter's pussy weak comment about Pettersson's injury takes the cake. He is a sorry arse excuse for a Sutter. All he is, is an injury-prone penalty killer and faceoff man. Hasn't taken the bull by the horns as a 2C behind BoHo in Petey's absence. 

By the way, going into this season, Sutter has played a total of 657 games and has a measly 116 penalty minutes. He's only a Sutter by name, that's it.