The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Sutter | #20 | C

-SN-

23 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jim Benning mentioned Brandon Sutter is improving, but they don't have a timeline for his return and doesn't expect him back before the Christmas Break.

Well, hopefully they keep him working selling 50/50 tickets until he's ready.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what the future holds for Sutter when he comes back.

Gaudette is developing well and seems like Green has no intent on sending him back to Utica.  Really likes to use him in an energy type role and develop the consistency as that rover center on the PP on the second unit.   Beagle has stepped in and has settled down the PK unit and is perfect in that fourth line centre position.  Bo has established himself to be able to shutdown the best centers while being able to offensively produce. Petey being Petey.

Could Jim use Sutter as leverage for another team who needs a defensive Right handed center for perhaps another important piece to add to this roster?

Not that I want to trade Sutter, he is an integral leader and center to our team, and bring so many other things to the table that go unappreciated but is it something that needs to be explored soon?

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Gaudette is developing well and seems like Green has no intent on sending him back to Utica.  Really likes to use him in an energy type role and develop the consistency as that rover center on the PP on the second unit.   Beagle has stepped in and has settled down the PK unit and is perfect in that fourth line centre position.  Bo has established himself to be able to shutdown the best centers while being able to offensively produce. Petey being Petey.

Could Jim use Sutter as leverage for another team who needs a defensive Right handed center for perhaps another important piece to add to this roster?

Not that I want to trade Sutter, he is an integral leader and center to our team, and bring so many other things to the table that go unappreciated but is it something that needs to be explored soon?

I've been thinking and feeling the same thing.  Returning to the line up will be a big boost and really up our ability to compete.  I think we are scary strong down the middle with him back.

At the same time he is probably the best asset we have that is both valuable to others and  replaceable (thanks to Gaudette).  As such he is the best option to bring in a good defensive prospect or significant draft pick, both of which we could really use. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

58 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

I've been thinking and feeling the same thing.  Returning to the line up will be a big boost and really up our ability to compete.  I think we are scary strong down the middle with him back.

At the same time he is probably the best asset we have that is both valuable to others and  replaceable (thanks to Gaudette).  As such he is the best option to bring in a good defensive prospect or significant draft pick, both of which we could really use. 

If there is anyone who could get us another 1st round pick it's Sutter. He's that highly regarded. I have the same concerns as you guys about whether it's worth it or not. But lately we haven't needed him so we could potentially sell high on him. Down side is, Beagle goes down again and we're in over our heads just like that. Teetering on the ragged edge lol.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

If there is anyone who could get us another 1st round pick it's Sutter. He's that highly regarded. I have the same concerns as you guys about whether it's worth it or not. But lately we haven't needed him so we could potentially sell high on him. Down side is, Beagle goes down again and we're in over our heads just like that. Teetering on the ragged edge lol.

Agree 100%.  The safety net is this year the winning and standings are bonus and not expected.  I think next year is the year people will start expecting wins.  if we get hit with more injuries this year it keeps the tankers happy but most of us didn't expect great things this year so while disappointed we don't have the frustrated thoughts of a wasted season that the Oilers have. (again)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

Agree 100%.  The safety net is this year the winning and standings are bonus and not expected.  I think next year is the year people will start expecting wins.  if we get hit with more injuries this year it keeps the tankers happy but most of us didn't expect great things this year so while disappointed we don't have the frustrated thoughts of a wasted season that the Oilers have. (again)

For sure, I do think this season is the season to trade him if we're going to do it. Good point on this is the year to do it. We all want a good product on the ice and want our prospects to learn and grow this year. This is being done with out Sutter in the line up now that Beagle has solidified things down the middle and Gaudette performing better and growing into that role as well.... I'm really torn tho, I love the way Sutter plays and have always been a fan. Will have to wait and see what happens!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

The Canucks have been pretty quiet about Sutter. Any update on his timeline?

Well he is on the road trip and is skating so that seems to indicate he may play before the road trip is done. I don't think a specific day has been picked yet though.

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Not to many teams have FOUR centers like the Canucks. What a huge difference Beagle has made to this team, with Sutter coming back, and barring injuries this team could move up the standings into the playoffs.

But but Beagle is an overpaid 4th liner taking up a spot from a prospect...

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1