The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Maybe Gudbranson needs to get rid of that massive chest protector and he might be ok lol. That extra material has to slow you down.

They’re called pectoral muscles.   EP must see them in the shower and wonder if he’ll have them someday.

Edited by Rob_Zepp
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. I'm sure some will give him a Mulligan if he breaks Matheson's jaw next time, but personally Gudbranson was very disappointing tonight. He's far from the team's best defenseman, and didn't even use his natural abilities tonight when it counted. 

Who says the Panthers have to dress him next time, he could be injured or scratched or mysteriously ill. 

This is is going to end up with egg on their face and they deserve it 

Edited by Zhukini
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. I'm sure some will give him a Mulligan if he breaks Matheson's jaw next time, but personally Gudbranson was very disappointing tonight. He's far from the team's best defenseman, and didn't even use his natural abilities tonight when it counted. 

And what are those “natural abilities” exactly?

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

What is he supposed to do 3-2 mid-3rd period?

Line up the nearest Panther and drive him into boards hard. Simple. Tit for tat. Clearly the coach for Florida kept Matheson's gutless ass off of the ice when Guddy was on, but the least Gudbranson could have done was exact some physical revenge as a message. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Line up the nearest Panther and drive him into boards hard. Simple. Tit for tat. Clearly the coach for Florida kept Matheson's gutless ass off of the ice when Guddy was on, but the least Gudbranson could have done was exact some physical revenge as a message. 

100% agree.

Each time this team really needs him and especially his toughness he is nonexistent.

He was not sending a message.

Useless.

Plain and simple.

.. Where is Zepp? Zepp usually the one being in Guddy's corner.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dungass said:

Tough to see a role for him on this team after tonight.

He's just a bigger but less reliable Biega and always will be.

I would love if he was actually good at what he's supposed to be good at, who couldn't use a big, mean, character top-4 right-handed D-man?

Unfortunately he treats the puck like a live grenade and the faster the game gets, the more obvious it is that he does not have the poise and IQ to keep up.

People need to wake up, even if it's several years late.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Guber was the real casualty of the Hamonic fight.

He has let up on a couple of hits since then and seems not to want to get involved.

it kind of reminds me of Jovo after the Deadmarsh fight, he was never the same.

Hey Phil, remember that monkey spank you and Hutty were having 9 days back?

to quote you, " I hope the Flames are ready to wear a leash"

sheee...eeeesh

Edited by lmm
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing that Guddy's hands took a beating mashing Travis Hamonic's face and he is a bit reluctant to mix it up again so soon thus giving them a chance to heal up a bit.

Last thing we need is him out with a broken hand. i would rather have him in the lineup and be a physical presence clearing out the front of the net and pushing opposing forwards off the puck.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm guessing that Guddy's hands took a beating mashing Travis Hamonic's face and he is a bit reluctant to mix it up again so soon thus giving them a chance to heal up a bit.

Last thing we need is him out with a broken hand. i would rather have him in the lineup and be a physical presence clearing out the front of the net and pushing opposing forwards off the puck.

Lol WUT?

I would say the last thing we need is a plug defenseman body slamming our franchise player straight to the IR...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, lmm said:

I think Guber was the real casualty of the Hamonic fight.

He has let up on a couple of hits since then and seems not to want to get involved.

it kind of reminds me of Jovo after the Deadmarsh fight, he was never the same.

Hey Phil, remember that monkey spank you and Hutty were having 9 days back?

to quote you, " I hope the Flames are ready to wear a leash"

sheee...eeeesh

Hahaahahahahaha!