The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

On 14/10/2018 at 12:17 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

I've defended Guddy for some time now, but tonight, I can't. If Green told Gudbranson to not engage, Green is embarrassing Canucks fans everywhere.

I have a feeling that you might be right about guddy in the reematch agaisnt florida phillip. Not in the fact that he didnt do the job, but that he is gonna kick the $&!# out of matheson in the rematch and prove you boys right who defended him.

9 minutes ago, Isam said:

I have a feeling that you might be right about guddy in the reematch agaisnt florida phillip. Not in the fact that he didnt do the job, but that he is gonna kick the $&!# out of matheson in the rematch and prove you boys right who defended him.

Yeah. I agree, Isam. I was blinded by rage after Petterson was attacked. Gudbranson is going to make Matheson pay. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I agree, but I also noticed that it was Edler's lousy pass that created the whole play.

It started with an icing by Sutter with the face-off in the Canucks' end.   The play went up ice with Virtanen but Pittsburgh got the puck back and went on the attack.  The Ds were Hutton-Gudbranson all along.  

11 hours ago, TheRocket18 said:

he should have stopped that pass by kessel. i was hoping....

Yeah? He was put into that position by Edler, Virtanen, and Hutton. When he had Kessel and Hagelin coming down on a 2 on 1, it was going to be dicey. He did the best he could, all things considered. 

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah? He was put into that position by Edler, Virtanen, and Hutton. When he had Kessel and Hagelin coming down on a 2 on 1, it was going to be dicey. He did the best he could, all things considered. 

meh, give credit to Phil for making a great pass. That one beats a lot of guys. 

On 10/13/2018 at 8:22 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Line up the nearest Panther and drive him into boards hard. Simple. Tit for tat. Clearly the coach for Florida kept Matheson's gutless ass off of the ice when Guddy was on, but the least Gudbranson could have done was exact some physical revenge as a message. 

So Guddy isn't sure in a 3-2 game whether EP caught an edge or ???? and he is supposed to take himself out of position and drive someone into the boards in case he needs to send a message for something he knows nothing about?   I don't know if you have played at any level but you don't know on the bench much of what is happening behind the play.   You just don't.   You often discuss those things between periods but during the game, unless it happens after a whistle or where the puck is, you don't know.   You just don't.

Guddy this year has played VERY big and is exactly the player he was in Florida when Vancouver traded for him.   

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So Guddy isn't sure in a 3-2 game whether EP caught an edge or ???? and he is supposed to take himself out of position and drive someone into the boards in case he needs to send a message for something he knows nothing about?   I don't know if you have played at any level but you don't know on the bench much of what is happening behind the play.   You just don't.   You often discuss those things between periods but during the game, unless it happens after a whistle or where the puck is, you don't know.   You just don't.

Guddy this year has played VERY big and is exactly the player he was in Florida when Vancouver traded for him.   

um, these guys have screens on the bench for replays.

Every one that needed to see the hit could have seen it before EP staggared to the bench

What decade are you living in?

3 hours ago, lmm said:

um, these guys have screens on the bench for replays.

Every one that needed to see the hit could have seen it before EP staggared to the bench

What decade are you living in?

The players do not have screens for replays.   The coaches have a feed but it isn't the same feed you see on TV.    

No one on the bench would have been looking at EP with the puck coming out of the zone - no one.  Think of where their bench was relative to the play.   Have you ever sat on a bench?

• Cheers 1

The slo-motion, freeze frame has us all scrutinizing the game as clearly as the HD/ 4K feed its broadcasts in..  let’s not forget that 0.5secs can be 5-10 ft of ice depending on how fast a player skates.

Factor in the timing of a decision to initiate an action or move, defensive or offensively...  that alone should have us all going to the fridge for another beer :gocan:

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The slo-motion, freeze frame has us all scrutinizing the game as clearly as the HD/ 4K feed its broadcasts in..  let’s not forget that 0.5secs can be 5-10 ft of ice depending on how fast a player skates.

Factor in the timing of a decision to initiate an action or move, defensive or offensively...  that alone should have us all going to the fridge for another beer :gocan:

I wonder what type of beer Guddy prefers with his steak and potatoes.

I bet it's strong and he drinks it from a keg he ripped the top off of with his bare hands.

Edit- I doubt it's an IPA though. Guddy don't do hops, he just barleys his way through

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I wonder what type of beer Guddy prefers with his steak and potatoes.

I bet it's strong and he drinks it from a keg he ripped the top off of with his bare hands.

Edit- I doubt it's an IPA though. Guddy don't do hops, he just barleys his way through

Guinness?

• Like 1