The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

When Guddy took a short term deal last year it told me a lot about the man. He had confidence that he could bounce back, if healthy, and he is doing that. He is showing that he can be a very solid #3 or #4 on a CUP contender. 

He's definitely a team guy. The Canucks are lucky to have him. 

On 11/9/2018 at 6:20 PM, Darius said:

This kinda reminds me of the year that Sergio Momesso was leading the NHL in scoring after 12 games

Was that 91 do you recall? I remember him and Sandlak playing together  and for the first part of the season it was one or the other scoring every game it seemed.

• Cheers 1

It's still early, but what a pleasant surprise EG has been this year. He's been jumping up in the play more than any other defenseman on our roster and is really skating/shooting with confidence. Coming from a guy that has averaged less than 10 points a season since he entered the NHL. I definitely did not see that coming! Atta boy Guddy!

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is he injured, or is he getting traded (maybe?) so the team is protecting the asset?  

As injury prone as EG is, I have a hard time believing they'd scratch him for multiple games for a trade that may or may not happen. The only way I could see it is if TO and Van already have a trade worked out but TO wants to pull the trigger last minute so they can sell it to their fans that they tried everything they could, up to the last minute to re-sign Nylander. It's very unlikely though. You'd have to assume that other teams will be waiting to Dec 1st to submit their best offer. So I'd say he's likely injured.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

As injury prone as EG is, I have a hard time believing they'd scratch him for multiple games for a trade that may or may not happen. The only way I could see it is if TO and Van already have a trade worked out but TO wants to pull the trigger last minute so they can sell it to their fans that they tried everything they could, up to the last minute to re-sign Nylander. It's very unlikely though. You'd have to assume that other teams will be waiting to Dec 1st to submit their best offer. So I'd say he's likely injured.

Guddy is tall and slim.  That’s not the best body type for playing a rough game, and expecting to last.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

What is his injury? Missing two games, what's up?

He tweaked his neck at practice.  No confirmation but media is speculating it was when him and Virtanen were playfully fighting at the end of practice.

10 hours ago, mll said:

He tweaked his neck at practice.  No confirmation but media is speculating it was when him and Virtanen were playfully fighting at the end of practice.

Just goesto show that you can't mess with Big Tuna, even in jest.

• Haha 1