The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

No points for Olli in a 7-1 loss to CHL finalist JYP. He was also minus 2

However he did play just under 20 minutes tonight, and if I'm not mistaken it's his most minutes played for TPS this season

Thanks for the updates.

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Finnish speakers, please translate:

Twitter translation says “dropped from the configuration” which sounds like healthy scratch, but hard to say.

Hmmm. Interesting. Love the translation though. Next time my boy gets cut from a team I will let him know he is "dropped from the configuration" lol. Love the updates. Thanks.

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Finnish speakers, please translate:

Twitter translation says “dropped from the configuration” which sounds like healthy scratch, but hard to say.

Olli has been scratched. Didn’t even make it as 7th D. I have no idea why. He was -2 in previous game, however only one them was after his mistake. Plus goalie didn’t help TPS at all. Maybe Olli needs little bit of a break after WJC. 

Unfortunate news and really hard to tell why, as I don’t think he can be blamed for any goals. However,  and we can all see this with Jake and veterans, it easy to drop young player from line-up. 

19 minutes ago, Jasin23 said:

Olli has been scratched. Didn’t even make it as 7th D. I have no idea why. He was -2 in previous game, however only one them was after his mistake. Plus goalie didn’t help TPS at all. Maybe Olli needs little bit of a break after WJC. 

Unfortunate news and really hard to tell why, as I don’t think he can be blamed for any goals. However,  and we can all see this with Jake and veterans, it easy to drop young player from line-up. 

Could be as simple as him being sick or taking a maintenance game off.

Not much detail there, so there's no point assuming it's because of his play.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jasin23 said:

If he has been healthy scratched, hopefully it’s one of those situations where his coaches noticed a slight dip in his intensity/commitment and decided to give him some tough love. Sometimes these cycles are barely perceptible on the ice, but good coaches notice, and they take action before a slight downturn in play becomes a bigger problem. Juolevi has played a lot of hockey this year and made great strides. He might very well benefit from some time off to focus and find extra motivation.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

On 1/28/2018 at 12:00 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If he has been healthy scratched, hopefully it’s one of those situations where his coaches noticed a slight dip in his intensity/commitment and decided to give him some tough love. Sometimes these cycles are barely perceptible on the ice, but good coaches notice, and they take action before a slight downturn in play becomes a bigger problem. Juolevi has played a lot of hockey this year and made great strides. He might very well benefit from some time off to focus and find extra motivation.

Olli was healthy scratch in the game. TPS won the game 5:2, so not sure if he'll play the next game. 

Btw, totally agree with what you wrote. I hope this decision comes from Sami and he spends the extra practice/video time with Olli the same way as Travis has been doing with Jake and other young players.

Next games are on Tuesday and Thursday. Hopefully latest on Thursday Olli is back in.

9 hours ago, Jasin23 said:

Olli was healthy scratch in the game. TPS won the game 5:2, so not sure if he'll play the next game. 

Btw, totally agree with what you wrote. I hope this decision comes from Sami and he spends the extra practice/video time with Olli the same way as Travis has been doing with Jake and other young players.

Next games are on Tuesday and Thursday. Hopefully latest on Thursday Olli is back in.

Not sure that Sami is a doctor but apparently OJ has the flu so perhaps he just isn't well enough to play.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jasin23 said:

Would really be disappointing if he is a healthy scratch 2 games in a row. Not a good look especially when you're supposed to be a key guy on the back-end. Hopefully back in the line-up tomorrow and starts contributing on the scoresheet.