The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

6 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

whats with these players getting injured while not even playing, Boeser, finishes the game then is on injured reserves, Juolevi no sign of injury but all of a sudden misses a game, wtf is wrong with us.

They most likely got injured in the game and finished it.

I separated my shoulder playing with 10 minutes left in the third and I finished the game no problem. It hurt for sure but it wasn’t until I was taking off my skates when I knew something was wrong.

Even injuries at the gym can be from aggravating a minor injury from a game

I heard a interview with Burke today and he started talking about the Juolevi draft. Reading between the lines, it sounded like he also would have taken Juolevi over Tkachuk. That surprises me, but what surprises me more is that he is willing to admit it now. He must be one who still thinks OJ will come through.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dash Riprock said:

I heard a interview with Burke today and he started talking about the Juolevi draft. Reading between the lines, it sounded like he also would have taken Juolevi over Tkachuk. That surprises me, but what surprises me more is that he is willing to admit it now. He must be one who still thinks OJ will come through.

not surprised at all.  Mckenzie in a recently also confirmed from a few scouts that they are not surprised at all to see Juolevi go #5. 

• Upvote 3

Well I understand the pick 100%. Look how many top four defensemen are available in free agency compared to how many wingers. Needless to say, if this rebuild is going to work, we really really need Juolevi to pan out. Maybe even more than Hughes. Hughes will be a really good offensive defense, but we under estimate how important having a steady two way defensemen will be.

Tkachuk would probably be neutered if he played here anyways, like the majority of our guys seem to be. I still think Juolevi will be a 40 point, puck moving d in his prime. Might be a few years before he finally starts to take the gym and off season training a bit more serious. He needs some more explosiveness in his skating and intensity on the ice.

10 minutes ago, Elias_Petterson said:

Tkachuk would probably be neutered if he played here anyways, like the majority of our guys seem to be. I still think Juolevi will be a 40 point, puck moving d in his prime. Might be a few years before he finally starts to take the gym and off season training a bit more serious. He needs some more explosiveness in his skating and intensity on the ice.

Both Hughes and Juolevi are known looking lazy on the ice at times. We're going to need a bunch of Stetchers (hopefully with a bit more size) to balance that out.