Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

15 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

..wow

This is pathetic 

w

3 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Warhippy is definitely one of the most annoying posters on this board. Chill bro it's the Internet. 

5th line has him on that, the boy can not help himself about Tkachuck "now that is pathetic". This is the OJ thread not 5th's boy love for Tkachuck.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

No kidding, some of these 19 year olds today are closer to the NHL than CHL yet the AHL is not an option. 

If you compare today to say 20 years ago, the kids today overall are much more ready to make the jump to pro at a younger age due to dieting, training, coaching, competition, etc.

It's time for a rule change without hurting the CHL as well.

I'd say 1st round draft picks need to be excluded from that rule now as we've seen that more kids are making that transition right out of the draft or the following year. Obviously this would be up to the team that drafts you & feels their 1st round pick is better to turn pro or stay in junior.

That way the Canucks would have more options with Juolevi next year. Sounds like he might be one that falls into this category.

Even having an open option for immediate loan at 19 years for one fo the 3 big Euro leagues (Barring the KHL) would be a solid diea.

I cannot remember who was talking about that on here, Provost or Sid (?) but they had some pretty solid ideas on that and why it would work for kids stuck in transition from the CHL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

People really need to let go of it and accept that OJ is ours Tkachuk is not.  No amount of comparisons or changing will fix that.  If there's a gripe or issue there is a Benning thread to take it to

Whether whingers, gloaters, or just plain trolls, enough is enough -- must they pollute every first-rounder thread?

:wacko:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

w

5th line has him on that, the boy can not help himself about Tkachuck "now that is pathetic". This is the OJ thread not 5th's boy love for Tkachuck.

Draft picks picked after ours will always loop into the discussion.

People don't have a problem discussing Nitchuskin's failure @ the Stars but have a problem with the Virtanen and Juolevi draft comparisons. I see a problem there. 

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

Big difference between "looping" and incessant usurpation.

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

People don't have a problem discussing Nitchuskin's failure @ the Stars but have a problem with the Virtanen and Juolevi draft comparisons. I see a problem there. 

Rare to see that name in the Horvat threads for the past 2 years -- nobody cares about him.  Problem's with your eyesight, frog.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Big difference between "looping" and incessant usurpation.

Rare to see that name in the Horvat threads for the past 2 years -- nobody cares about him.  Problem's with your eyesight, frog.

No problems here - it was pretty rampant during the first couple years. Need I remind you that we're only a year into Juolevi's development?

5 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I have a problem with any discussion that has nothing to do with the propose of the forum which is the prospect picked by the team. 5th boy love for Tkachuk is sad. Tkachuk success has nothing to do with OJ and for the thread titled "OJ talk" there too much discussion about Tkachuk success when OJ is having his own.

Edited by vancan2233
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

The 5th line in a nut shell:

changes topic in player discussion 

complains

gets upset when people call him out

doesnt listen to logic 

IMG_1105.JPG

you give @/The 5th line a picture of tkachuk on a stuffy toy and i won't be surprised if he kisses it and puts it to bed every night.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

Well in regards to Nichuskin people were claiming we made a mistake picking Bo because Val made the NHL first, and put up points first. The same happened with Boeser vs. Konecny, Virt vs. Ehlers+Nylander, and now Olli vs. Tkachuk. People were don't have a problem talking about Nichuskin's failings because people were so quick to call Bo an incorrect pick instead of being patient, and I doubt now those people are talking much. The same could be said with Boeser now that he's signed and scored a few goals. Seems people on these boards have no patience with our prospects just wanting instant results otherwise said player is a bust, and the players picked after are players we should've taken

Good point. But I disagree with the bolded. My guess is that those people that have complained about Nichuskin vs Horvat have now moved on to complain about Tkachuk vs Juolevi. Those people are never going to stop talking. Once Juolevi makes the team and does well, they will move on to 2017 draft pick, say we choose a player who doesn't make the team right away and a later pick does, and it will start all over again. Such is the life cycle at the Canucks fan forum.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

Good point. But I disagree with the bolded. My guess is that those people that have complained about Nichuskin vs Horvat have now moved on to complain about Tkachuk vs Juolevi. Those people are never going to stop talking. Once Juolevi makes the team and does well, they will move on to 2017 draft pick, say we choose a player who doesn't make the team right away and a later pick does, and it will start all over again. Such is the life cycle at the Canucks fan forum.

Same people who compare Virtanen to Ehlers, Nylander, and Ritchie? :o