The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Knights lost 5-1 last game, looks like Raddysh brothers?  did most of the damage too!!  Erie is a high octane team aren't they?  Anyone give any details on the game?  How did Olli do, who was he matched up against?  

Didn't watch but looking at the box score Strome was held pointless and Debrincat got 1 assist on the PP so Juolevi did his job of shutting those guys down. He was on the ice for the PP goal against and on the ice for the empty net goal but also on the ice for the goal for. That's about all I can tell about how he played from the box score anyhow.

1 minute ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

London is down 2-1 in the series as they drop Game 3, 3-1... Game 4 is on Thursday at 4:00. Didn't watch the game but Juolevi was awarded third star.

From what I saw he had a solid game.  Made several nice passes, had some good shots, looking like London's prominent d man..  you cant win them all.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

From what I saw he had a solid game.  Made several nice passes, had some good shots, looking like London's prominent d man..  you cant win them all.

Missed most of the 3rd, but other than having the tough bounce I thought he played pretty well. When he has the puck in the ozone he's incredibly adept at making 1 quick move to find open ice, then dishing the puck off to the next man quite quickly and accurately almost as a continuation of the same motion. I'm constantly entertained by that, in part because we've been mostly missing that kind of opposition blue line confidence for awhile.

Can somebody tell me about Victor Mete? I don't get to watch much Knights games unless they're on Snet. Is he the cornerstone d-man on the team, or is Juolevi more heavily relied on? Do they play as a pair, or are they split up? Who does Hunter play as the #1 defense pairing? From what I've read and seen, Mete is more of a pure offensive defenseman, whereas Juolevi does it better at both ends.

I just want to quell any concerns that we picked too high on Juolevi, when something comparable could have been had in the fourth round. My apologies in advance if this has been discussed, as I haven't read this entire 215 page thread.

5 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

Can somebody tell me about Victor Mete? I don't get to watch much Knights games unless they're on Snet. Is he the cornerstone d-man on the team, or is Juolevi more heavily relied on? Do they play as a pair, or are they split up? Who does Hunter play as the #1 defense pairing? From what I've read and seen, Mete is more of a pure offensive defenseman, whereas Juolevi does it better at both ends.

I just want to quell any concerns that we picked too high on Juolevi, when something comparable could have been had in the fourth round. My apologies in advance if this has been discussed, as I haven't read this entire 215 page thread.

Discussed at length here, and JUIOLEVI is BY FAR the WAY BETTER player.  We decided earlier IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE.   hope that resolves your concerns.  :)

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Discussed at length here, and JUIOLEVI is BY FAR the WAY BETTER player.  We decided earlier IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE.   hope that resolves your concerns.  :)

Idk what you're talking about, mete is gonna be a 5 time all-star 3 time gold Glover and MVP.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True.  A couple posters ran some more in depth fancy stats showing Olli was playing really tough minutes while mentoring their younger D.  

I read one article that makes Mete sound similar offensively to Stecher. Apparently he doesn't have a hard point shot, but finds ways to get it through. I also see that Montreal has signed him to an ELC already. God help this message board if he plays meaningful games for Montreal in the near future, and starts contributing and putting up points.

3 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

I read one article that makes Mete sound similar offensively to Stecher. Apparently he doesn't have a hard point shot, but finds ways to get it through. I also see that Montreal has signed him to an ELC already. God help this message board if he plays meaningful games for Montreal in the near future, and starts contributing and putting up points.

Wouldn't be too bad for me.

2 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

If that guy plays games for the Habs EVER the Habs will be a bottom feeder.  

Another great game for oj. Guys been an absolute beast these playoffs. Look at the matchups he's had these 2 rounds so far and coming out on top. Shutting down brown and vilardi first round now getting the better of strome and radysh. 

Everyones so concerned about comparing him to tkatchuk and mcavoy now. Let's not forget both tkachuk and mcavoy are a year older. 

I know it's not a good sign all the "disinterested" talk earlier but gotta admit if he played all season as good as he has been these playoffs there'd be a lot less "3 or "2 d man talk. 

Kids been a monster these playoffs!

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Where did all the Tkatchuk whiners go? Lol

Anyone else notice the super star tkachuk only had 7 goals in the last half of the season and has gone completely cold when backlund slowed down?  People were acting like JB passed on a laine / Mathews calibre player . I'll still take my chances with juolevi .